Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kennedy Airport Terror Plot Thwarted

Bloomberg RE: the JFK plot...
    "There are lots of threats to you in the world. There's the threat of a heart attack for genetic reasons. You can't sit there and worry about everything. Get a life," he said. "You have a much greater danger of being hit by lightning than being struck by a terrorist," he added.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Fourth Suspect in JFK plot surrenders in Trinidad
    Tue Jun 5, 2007 1:34PM EDT
    By Linda Hutchinson-Jafar

PORT OF SPAIN (Reuters) - A fourth suspect in what U.S. authorities said was a plot to blow up New York's JFK International Airport surrendered to police on Tuesday in Trinidad and Tobago, officials in the Caribbean island state said.

A senior police official said Abdel Nur of Guyana, the only one of four suspects who was still at large, turned himself in shortly after midday (1600 GMT) at a police station in Diego Martin in western Trinidad.

U.S. authorities have said Nur belonged to Jamaat al Muslimeen, a Muslim group behind a 1990 coup attempt in Trinidad.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Not to beat dead horse but this past Saturday, Eric, Bill, Nick, and I were out spotting at Bayswater and had no problems what so ever. Three NYCPD officers were even around and didn't say boo to us, camera in hand to. As I thought and stated if you spot in the areas highlighted on the maps in a responsible manner you have nothing to worry about.