Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evergreen 747s

I raninto the Supertanker in Germany the other day.

I heard someone saying that it is also differnet aerodynamically. Like the fuselage was misshaped or something. Can anyone confirm?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The lower portion of the fuse. is slightly diffrent. You have to be right up next to it to notice it but it has to do with some of the equipment inside the airplane that has to be around the tanks when they are in place. There are also some trim systems dirrences to the aircraft. This is all courtesey of a jumpseating F/O from them that I talked to in January.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

And Evergreen is the only 747 operator who successfully landed one of their freighters after losing an engine(physically detached and lost), the aircraft had 75,000Kg of cargo and full of fuel too.

Two other 747SF's crashed in the similar incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper
    And Evergreen is the only 747 operator who successfully landed one of their freighters after losing an engine(physically detached and lost), the aircraft had 75,000Kg of cargo and full of fuel too.

Two other 747SF's crashed in the similar incidents.
    Wasn't that a Kalitta 747?

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600

No, it was N473EV or March 31, 1993 in ANC.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper
    Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600

No, it was N473EV or March 31, 1993 in ANC.
    Gordon is also right because Kalitta dropped an engine into Lake Michigan in October of 2004. So that makes two different company's who share that title.

Quote Originally Posted by njgtr82
    Gordon is also right because Kalitta dropped an engine into Lake Michigan in October of 2004. So that makes two different company's who share that title.
    You are correct, I forgot about that one. Let me rephrase that, they are the only one that lost an INBOARD engine and pylon and survived.

Here is a polaroid shot of 3/4 of that engine in a super market parking lot, taken about 3 hours after the incident.

Speaking of Evergreen. Here is a little tid bit that I bet no one knew. Evergreen flys the LCF Dream lifter. http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines ... green.html
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"