Thread: AA starts JFK to LAS

AA starts JFK to LAS

Viva ... American Airlines New Service to ... Las Vegas!
    Tuesday May 22, 12:50 pm ET
    Nonstop Service from New York's JFK Begins Sept. 5

NEW YORK, May 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but before anything can happen, you first have to get there. It'll be easy starting late this summer with new American Airlines nonstop service from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas.
    American will launch nonstop service from JFK Sept. 5, offering one daily flight in each direction. The airline today announced its schedule for the new service.

From JFK, the flight is scheduled to give customers plenty of time for a full day of work before heading off to Vegas for a full night of fun, while the return flight from Las Vegas will leave lots of time for a night of play before returning back home.

The new service from JFK will also benefit American's international customers, as well as international travelers arriving on oneworld® Alliance airlines through easy connections. American is a founding member of oneworld.

"Las Vegas is a great addition to our growing list of nonstop destinations out of New York," said Chuck Imhof, American's Vice President of Passenger Sales - Greater New York. "We've said that we intend to be New York's favorite airline, and we'll do it with things like new flights and enhanced services. Linking New York and Las Vegas -- two high-energy cities that never sleep -- is another exciting step in that direction."

Here is American's schedule, effective Sept. 5, 2007. All times shown are
    local.

From New York JFK to Las Vegas
    Flight Departs Arrives
    257 4:20 p.m. 7:00 p.m.

From Las Vegas to New York JFK
    Flight Departs Arrives
    258 7:35 a.m. 3:30 p.m.

American's service will be flown with Boeing 757 aircraft configured with 22 seats in First Class and 166 seats in the Main Cabin. The new route complements American's existing 23 daily flights to Las Vegas -- 10 from Dallas-Ft. Worth, five from Chicago, five from Los Angeles, two from Miami, and one from St. Louis.

Travelers can check fares and book flights by visiting AA.com. Book travel and purchase your ticket on AA.com and earn up to 500 AAdvantage® bonus miles. There are no online booking fees. In addition, on AA.com you'll find the absolute lowest fares available for American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection® flights -- guaranteed. For details about the AA.com bonus-mile offer and for full details on our Lowest Fare Guarantee, visit http://www.aa.com/benefits.

The new nonstop flight to Las Vegas joins a list of other schedule enhancements out of New York that have already been implemented or will start later this year. Last month, American added new service or additional flights from New York to Atlanta and Raleigh/Durham, N.C., while its regional affiliate, American Eagle, began nonstop service to Cincinnati. This summer, American will add additional flights from New York to Port-au-Prince, Haiti; Caracas, Venezuela; and San Francisco. In September, American Eagle starts nonstop service to Louisville, Ky. And coming this November, American will begin nonstop service to St. Kitts and Nevis, as well as St. Lucia.

AmericanAirlines Vacations(SM) has a number of exciting and affordable travel packages available to Las Vegas, as well as many other popular destinations around the world. For more information, visit http://www.aavacations.com.

About American Airlines

American Airlines is the world's largest airline. American, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® airlines serve 250 cities in over 40 countries with more than 4,000 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 1,000 aircraft. American's award-winning Web site, AA.com, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve nearly 700 destinations in over 140 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. (NYSE: AMR - News).

AmericanAirlines® We know why you fly®

Current AMR Corp. releases can be accessed on the Internet.
    The address is http://www.aa.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source: American Airlines

I'd honestly like to see American start some more European routes from JFK but with all the code-sharing and OneWorld partners operating into JFK I don't really see the need. Despite American not being my favorite airline I would definitely love to be in Terminal 9 again!

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    hhm let me put it in a way where the moderators wont delete my topic:

I think that new routes should be addes to europe as iberia a340 said to compete with delta
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Wish they were starting a day earlier. I need an early flight on the 4th. May end up flying them home though.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Good to see A'A increasing its services out of NY. However, I'm a bit surprised that A'A did not fly the route before.

HALCYON
    flyin' SUNSEEKER..