Thread: Delta - Only Airline With 4 Schemes?

Delta - Only Airline With 4 Schemes?

Is Delta the only airline to operate with 4 active regular schemes (including Song).

They have the middle colors, Deltaflot, Song and the new colors.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Out of the global major airlines, yes they are. I think that's a pretty sad statement for their culture that they can't find a look that represents what they are about.

there are airlines that haven't have 4 schemes in their life.
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

IIRC NW had 4 total in their lifetime.
    nwa FOREVER!

I guess not Phil.... Maybe some with Three...

Did USAir, US Airways and Metrojet all operate in respective colors in the same year? I think possibly, but thats only three for them, not four.

Maybe that whole DHL/Airbourne Express(2 schemes/AirStar thing, but I wouldn't count that...different airlines combining..
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Did USAir, US Airways and Metrojet all operate in respective colors in the same year? I think possibly, but thats only three for them, not four.
    Well technically yes, because there were some Dash 8's in the old US Air Express colors, but not sure if that counts or not.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Yeah, I Would say the Dash 8s count. I thikn the 727 shuttles remained the old colors as well, didn't they?

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    its possible
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Yeah, I Would say the Dash 8s count. I thikn the 727 shuttles remained the old colors as well, didn't they?

Tom
    I don't think you can really count US's birds. Metrojet, and the Shuttle were specifically branded products and most certainly derivatives of the mainline product, sort of like Song. Deltaflot, Old/middle Delta and Citgo Delta are Delta mainline. Again whoever their VP of Marketing/branding should be hung out to dry.

Driving to LGA today while passing Shea I saw the new Delta logo near the outfield. No question about it, its terrible. The worst thing about it...it doesn't standout. How could you release a new brand and not want it to stand out. The Widget looks as if the color is faded on it. Unprofessional all around.

I agree with you Tommy - Metro jet and Song are ringers, but hey, its Phil's assertion and we have to match it.. :)

I definitely hate throwing in USAirways Shuttle, but it wasn't the titles I was after, but rather the old colors.

Okay here goes... Air Canada old and new colors, and Air Canada Jazz. Or maybe Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz & Tango. Still though, even slicing it that way, Delta comes out ahead.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

I'm only counting Song becuase it's NOW considered to be a part of their mainline. Otherwise, I'd nothave counted it.....and not have counted Metrojet.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Yeah, but at some point Metrojet ended, and I would guess those planes still flew mainline for a bit... unless they were to the desert the next day or I am not up what Song is now?? Quite possible....I had thought Song was basically defunct.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Yeah, but at some point Metrojet ended, and I would guess those planes still flew mainline for a bit... unless they were to the desert the next day
    Tom
    When Metrojet ended all aircraft ferried to Mohave within a few days of Metrojet's end. About 7 or 8 of the MJ 732's actually operated their last revenue flights into LGA then ferried out to BWI ( the only crew base for Metrojet) followed by 3 or 4 a day ferries BWI-MHV over the following week or two. Interestingly every Metrojet 732 eventually left MHV and served with new operators all over the world. Some are now WFU but many are still flying in countries as diverse as Indonesia, the Philippines, and thru-out Africa.

Regards

LGA777