Thread: New York's Three Airports Busiest in the US

New York's Three Airports Busiest in the US

Taken together, JFK, LGA, and EWR account for the most traffic in the U.S. I checked the full statistics and it appears the London airports (Heathrow, Gatwick, City, Stansted) beat NYC out by a hair (difference of 2 million).

WORLD’S BUSIEST AIRPORTS These are the world’s top 10 airports by passenger traffic in 2006, according to Airports Council International: Atlanta (84.8 million, down 1.2 percent from 2005); Chicago O’Hare (76.2 million, down 0.3 percent); London Heathrow (67.5 million, down 0.6 percent) Tokyo Haneda (65.2 million, up 3 percent); Los Angeles International (61 million, down 0.7 percent); Dallas/Fort Worth (60.1 million, up 1.3 percent); Paris Charles De Gaulle (56.8 million, up 5.6 percent); Frankfurt (52.8 million, up 1.1 percent); Beijing (48.5 million, up 18.3 percent); and Denver (47.3 million, up 9.1 percent). Taken together, however, New York’s three airports accounted for by far the largest number of passengers — 103.9 million. Kennedy International had 42.6 million passengers, up 4.2 percent; Newark had 35.5 million, up 7.4 percent; and LaGuardia had 25.8 million, down 0.3 percent.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/15/business/15memo.html
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

WE should add TEB, ISP and HPN then.....
    "Keep 'em Flying"

ISP has no chance in hell though I would vouch for TEB as far as movements go.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Don't forget SWF too!

Speaking of busy. Saturday morning me and Ilde were out at Plainview Park hanging out eating some BK and were watching the action up and down on 4. A AA Maddog took the runway and held for about 30 seconds. All the while a US A-319 is out there on finals already inside the outer and getting close enough to the middle. American spools up to go and as soon as he gets rolling I am expecting they will hold the NWA 319 till after the US one lands. Sure enough though NWA takes the runway and proceeds to hold as AA is not off yet. I look back and US is about at the middle marker if I had to estimate and no S turns. NW powers it up starts to roll and US is just about over out heads at this point. Long story shortened now a little NEWA was just breaking ground as US planted it. I have seen it a few times. It is not procedure but LGA tower gets away with alot.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Heh - that's virtually SOP at National, except there are no S-turns for spacing when you fly the River. The controllers can give instructions to favour one bank of the river, or square the final turn, but that's it. More than once I've seen a CRJ hold a flare high to give the departure time to depart! To the credit of everyone involved, there are virtually no go-arounds due to traffic (many more from sailing wide on the last 40° turn) - not like the noobs at PHL ( ;-D ) who still can't shoot 35 and 27R arrivals across each other and wind up issuing tons of controller-initiated go-arounds.

LMAO. From the pilot perspective landing wise if I do not see a plane rolling for atleast 5 seconds by the time I cross the middle I start getting ready to palm them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    not like the noobs at PHL ( ;-D ) who still can't shoot 35 and 27R arrivals across each other and wind up issuing tons of controller-initiated go-arounds.
    Ehh like 1 a day. It looks alot better on radar. Plus it's not the easiest to match speeds with crazy winds

BTW there is no such thing as an SOP for separation. They just cut their luck. FLL is great to see do it.