Thread: Longer Reach for Canon D-60 DSLR?

Longer Reach for Canon D-60 DSLR?

Greetings ...

I own a circa 2003 Canon EOS D-60 DSLR with Canon 100-300 tele and I’m looking forward to something with longer reach that doesn’t require a tripod and a large bankroll.

I’m not into the red-line series of Canon lenses since I’m not truly a pro … nor can I afford that level of glass.

What about quality third-party offerings that would work seamlessly with the D-60?

What about compatitible auto tele-extenders?

Thanks,

Mike (shamrock838)

What is your budget?

If your looking for a good quality telephoto for not too expensive, you might want to look into the Canon 70-300 IS. I have it and can tell you it takes good pictures, especially with IS.
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    What is your budget?

If your looking for a good quality telephoto for not too expensive, you might want to look into the Canon 70-300 IS. I have it and can tell you it takes good pictures, especially with IS.
    I agree, great lens for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    What is your budget?

My current 100-300mm nicely overlaps my 28-105mm so I'm looking for something beyond 300mm ... if such is possible without breaking the bank and getting a heavy piece of artillery. I'm not tied into a budget yet so I can't give a $ ceiling.

So-o-o-o-o ...

Anything over 300mm from Canon will cost you. Check out Sigma for their 500mm which costs around 700 I think. I'd still however go with the Canon 300mm and if you want further reach put a teleconverter on it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Anything over 300mm from Canon will cost you. Check out Sigma for their 500mm which costs around 700 I think. I'd still however go with the Canon 300mm and if you want further reach put a teleconverter on it.
    I have been thinking about a teleconverter but haven't come across anything that will work well with the Canon EOS D-60. Do you have any promising leads?

If its an EF mount then it should work fine.