Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Delta Livery Officially Released

I'm really upset. Delta being my favorite legacy airline really messed up. They seriously should have gone back to the old Widget, when Delta was doing better and when it had more uniformity. I think that would have helped issues and brought back any pride people may have lost.. This is horrible. :(
    Christos

EWW EWW EWW EWW EWW! That is about the WORST looking livery I have seen in many years! Its just so... bland! I hate it!

Wait a minute, I still thought that there were planes not yet repainted in the now-new-old colors. (new one up to yesterday)... I liked that livery, a lot better than this crap!
    nwa FOREVER!

Tell me about it, this one makes the Northwest livery almost look bearable. I thought that scheme made planes look like model airplanes. I guess I am going to stop looking to my right from the tower for now on here at LGA all together.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Well, I feel the tail design itself doesn't look too bad. But as a whole package, it looked too cheap; particularly as a symbol of turn around and revival. It should be more uplifting and vibrant. But what we got is.... I am speechless...

I for one don't particularly like the current Delta scheme, so this is a step down, but not a drastic step down. One thing I like much better is the new DELTA typeface.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quality livery from a quality carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Citgo jet! Not bad, I like the retro font on the Delta but the widget should be up right. I'm guessing its sort of like an arrow pointing forward as in Delta moving forward. Much better the the Deltaflot tail they have now. So lets see we're back to the following Delta paint.

Old (i.e middle scheme)
    Old New (Deltaflot)
    New New (Citgo jet)
    Actually Tommy it is in the original upright!

This new one is a big blank bare white runaway from the paint booth, barf!

"my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

638DL, the new Delta scheme, is coming to JFK on the 3rd. Flight 9998, arriving JFK at 1250pm local. Someone go catch it!

-Justin
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    looks life someone with two hours of sleep designed it, i think its a little to soon to now introduce a new liverly since they just came come with one and they are finnaly out of bankcruptcy
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

I kinda like it. Its not the greatist but its not bad either. Plus I like the red on blue. 8)

I am curious from a hobbyist/spotter's point of view.

What is the rush to go out and capture something ugly?

Something that is going to be ever more prominent anyway? Theres no way for any occasional spotter to miss it in the USA.

Unless of course the scheme gets pulled in a few weeks due to a negative uproar - and becomes something rare.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    I am curious from a hobbyist/spotter's point of view.

What is the rush to go out and capture something ugly?

Something that is going to be ever more prominent anyway? Theres no way for any occasional spotter to miss it in the USA.

Unless of course the scheme gets pulled in a few weeks due to a negative uproar - and becomes something rare.

Tom
    I agree Tom this isn't worth catching at all. If it passes by, cool but its not worth running out for.

Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    Does this remind anyone else of the old Canadian Airlines livery? (At least the red portion of the tail)

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1180979/L/
    I was thinking the same thing, and look what happened to that airline.

Whoever designed that must have gotten the idea by accidentally leaning on the shift and period keys of their keyboard. :P
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by uplander
    Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    Does this remind anyone else of the old Canadian Airlines livery? (At least the red portion of the tail)

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1180979/L/
    I was thinking the same thing, and look what happened to that airline.

Whoever designed that must have gotten the idea by accidentally leaning on the shift and period keys of their keyboard. :P
    Ok beside me who went and tried that? LOLOL :D

As Tom and I discused yestrday the only motivation to go out and shoot this massive contastrophe is to get it in the event delta repsponds to an outcry. Stuff like this makes me wonder how much longer One will enjoy this hobby and contunue to participate in ti on a regular basis.

Reposted from the other thread.

I am saddened to see that it has become a reality and was hoping it was just (idea). In my opinion these new colors do not reflect the previous imahe, history of Delta. Even the colors are not "Delta themed any more" I still wonder what is going throuh peoples heads when they find something like these new colors to be acceptable. These new colors are void everything but nothingness. It just empty of anything "Delta. All of this just falls in line with a culture of mediocrity when it comes to a failure constructive implimentation of ideas.

Senga