Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Delta Livery Officially Released

Just when you start to think an airline is getting their **** together, Delta goes and does something like that.

"We're comingback strong, emerging from bankruptcy! Alright. Well, let's massacre out whole ****ing fleet!!!"
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Delta brought a 757-200 painted in the new colors today around 1300L. It call was Delta 9998 and he did an orchestrated missed approach of 13R with a fly-by of Term 3 so the management on the roof (about 30 people) could see, at about 500ft or so and then landed 22L.
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

I disagree. I think that people want to go out and get it becuase it's rare...and that's one of the big motivations for taking photos of ANYTHING. How many other nasty looking planes do we go and get pics of because they aren't common? Many.

Though the scheme being rare will only last a few months until more and more planes are painted, the same thing was seen for the new Northwest and US schemes as well. It's very normal.

Such photos will get extra attention on Anet as well, for the same reasons.

...but Anet already has pictures of it, so they would not consider it a "hot" photo...I doubt JP would either.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic
    Delta brought a 757-200 painted in the new colors today around 1300L. It call was Delta 9998 and he did an orchestrated missed approach of 13R with a fly-by of Term 3 so the management on the roof (about 30 people) could see, at about 500ft or so and then landed 22L.
    I saw the flight number the other day and knew they'd end up doing something like that. Glad I sat at home today.

seems like the font could be a little larger too ... the "Delta" looks underwhelming

Noticed on highlights of last night's Red Sox game they already changed the signage at Fenway Park to reflect the new DELTA typeface. Wonder if the banners at Shea will be ready for the next homestand on Monday.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Their website was updated too and it looks UGLY in red. Turning it was even worse.
    "lol retart"

I saw the plane today at JFK for the second time. Honestly, I think it looks pretty good, bt it was a 757....I don't think it will look that good on the 777 or 763.

I just saw the 757 for the first time dropping a colleague off at the airport - I like the new scheme on the 757 - just wish I'd had my camera to get a shot of it...next time..
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Really surprised at the amount of new logo DL advertising around NYC, even around my hood in the Bronx. Also in the last few days saw several Citgo commercials on TV and I still can't believe how similar the new DL widgit and Citgo logo really are, really makes me wonder what the top dogs at Citgo think about this? and if they have/are considering to do anything about it legally?

LGA777

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    yea they have ads all over in subway cars
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094