Thread: Intro and Advance Picture Request

Intro and Advance Picture Request

Hi guys,

I post on Jetphotos as Shaggy and got a PM from Moose who advised me to drop by here with regards someone maybe taking a shot of my flight arriving into JFK.

the details are as follows:

Off to the States again on the 5th May and would very much appreciate it if somebody could snap a pick of take or landing (or both).

EGLL - BA175 - 10:25 - B744

to

KJFK - Arriving 12:55

In 62K Both ways

I am comming on business so wont have anytime to take pictures other than on the flight and at EGLL and JFK on the way back. I have Sat - Wed in NYC with Sat/Sun and Maybe Wed free, the rest of the week I will be in Stamford.

I want to try and get to B&H on Sunday to maybe get a lens or 2.

My equipment is...

Nikon D2X
    Nikkor AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G ED
    Nikkor AF VR 80-400mm 1:4.5-5.6D ED

If anyone has any advice on what to get, or is going to B&H on Sunday the 6th please let me know. :)

Did anyone manage to get me?

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    Did anyone manage to get me?

:)
    Maybe...what time did your flight arrive, and do you know which runway? JFK was landing 13L and 22L at that time. I was over at North Woodmere, and got one BA 744, around 1310L, but I saw one land (off in the distance) around 1250 on Rwy 13L.

I was using my scanner to store a dead battery, so I wasn't able to listen to ATC

If you arrived on 13L, here you are:

If you came in on 22L, I was a little closer:

Hi and thanks for the reply. I am not sure what RWY it was but there were a few turns made close to the ground. Like a mini Kai Tak :)

Does that help?

That would have been Rwy 13 - you make a right hand turn shortly before final. In fact, you can see in the first picture the a/c is still in the turn. A couple of frames before that, I was looking at the starboard side.

Excellent, thanks very much