Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SkyBus rules of flying

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    They are gearing toward a completely different demographic. Who knows, they might replace Greyhound bus in the long run. Seriously.
    Maybe they will change their name to "Phydeaux Air"

I guess I am in the minority here on the site, but I'm going to try them. I just think of it as taking a very fast bus; hence the name SkyBus.

The average person (not including babies and diabetics) can somehow manage not to eat for a few hours! First, if you can’t do that (somethings up with you) and second-- then just buy their food. We're such a fat country anyway maybe it will do people good.

Seriously though, people will fly them because they want to spend as little money as possible. There is no other reason. Convenience isn't even the reason; just price. And for $40 flights across the country I'm not going to complain.

I'm not going to complain.
    You can't complain, they don't have a customer service phone number, LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I'm not going to complain.
    You can't complain, they don't have a customer service phone number, LOLOL
    well stated

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    There was a segment on NPR this afternoon about SkyBus. The conclusion of the analyst who did most of the talking was that people would fly it, but they weren't going to find enough pax in CMH, and even if they did, Southwest would crush them like a bug.

Is this an bus cheap type air services?"

They wanted to order their A319'a with a second set of overwing doors, this will allow the aircraft to be certify to fly 168 PAX vs. the current FAA maximum of 144 PAX. Imagine setting in a 27/28" pitch middle seat with bunch rednecks that are hungry :roll: :?

Clipper, I've been thinking about the overwing exits for a while. EasyJet has two overwing exit sets on their A319s, which seat 156. SkyBus only has one set yet they say they'll seat up to 156.

Will the early (only 1 set of exits) SkyBus A319s seat only 144 and later (2nd set of exits) models 156?
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Quote Originally Posted by Deltafan2006
    That airline will be the next indy air
    Just like G-BOAD said, what if this is the next RyanAir? If that happens, which seems likely given SkyBus's business practices, then there will be a real problem, because look how popular Ryanair is now.

There's just so much wrong with these rules, and what hits me is how they're all geared to make the airline make more money. See they're able to charge low prices for the flight, but they make these rules so that although you don't realize it you still end up paying just as much as other flights but not all at front. These rules make you pay for basically anything. I mean, what's next, making you pay to use the bathrooms on board? The priority boarding policy is a scam, basically because the more people who pay the 10 dollars, the less it is priority boarding. If every passenger pays it, then you're just back at the beginning and have each given the airline ten more dollars for nothing. I won't touch the food part because I never usually eat on board planes anyway so I don't care much about that, although I do think the airline would have to break their own rules for diabetics and such because if they don't they'll just be sued and that'll be the end of that. However about not having a telephone number, what a stupid thing. Companies lacking a telephone number is probably the number one complaint by customers no matter what industry you're in.

But like I said, there is a very good chance of this becoming the next Ryanair and that is the real problem. At least an airline like Virgin America is coming into the industry trying to improve things.
    Nick S. @ EWR

The 144 PAX is the current FAA type certificate limit for standard A319, Easyjet serial numbers are not included. Skybus is sub leasing some VirginAmerica aircraft to start their operation so they are limited to 144 pax.

I am not sure if Skybus made a decision on the second set of exit doors for their direct order fleet, I told them the $700K option is a bad investment since the aircraft will become baster in the general A319 fleet and aircraft owner will have problems reconfiguring them for subsequent lessees. I do have a FAA letter stating they will rubber stamp the new EASA exit limit for dual overwing exits if an application is made by a 121 carrier.

A RyanAir model would not work in the US. US citizens just won't put up with it.
    nwa FOREVER!

Agreed. I like to see novel business models succeed, so I hope we're wrong. But this is not Europe...we have a vast network of high quality, high speed roads, a culture that appreciates driving, and fuel is relatively cheap, whereas in Europe Ryanair is a better option even if you're broke.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I wonder if/when this "airline" decides to fly to NYC...what airport will they use? Will they use a smaller airport like ISP, HPN or SWF? Or a major airport like EWR, JFK, or LGA?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

I don't think they can afford to land at any of the NYC airports with their current pricing structure :shock: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    I wonder if/when this "airline" decides to fly to NYC...what airport will they use? Will they use a smaller airport like ISP, HPN or SWF? Or a major airport like EWR, JFK, or LGA?
    From their "rules"
    9. Bigger is not better.
    Big airports can be a big pain. We choose less crowded and more convenient secondary airports for better punctuality and, of course, lower prices.
    With the dominance of SWA at ISP, I would think they might use one of the upstate airports, SWF or HPN.