Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SkyBus rules of flying

SkyBus rules of flying

Oh man you have to read this crap...jetBlue has a bill of rights for its customers, SkyBus has a list of...well not sure what you would call this. This is total crap.. YOU CAN'T BRING FOOD WITH YOU??? What if your diabetic and need to eat? What about babies? They need to have some exceptions, I hope. This is a real **** show airline.. No gate agents, 10 bucks to board first, can't bring your own food and a punishment..They use the word punishment, holy freaking hell what kind of company is this? I just want to know if you do sneak food on board what do they do take it from you? Oh yeah I'd love to see that exchange. lol

The Skybus Rules of Flying
    (A.K.A. How we keep our tickets so darn cheap.)

1. Don’t pay for everyone else’s baggage.
    On Skybus, you pay only for what you check. The first two bags are 5 bucks apiece. After that, it’s $50 a bag (yeah, so pack smartly). Less baggage means faster turnaround and cheaper tickets. Fair deal?

2. Hungry? Thirsty? Bring cash.
    Most people love our full cocktail bar and food menu, but if you’re not into that, it won’t cost you a penny. Why should your ticket cost include your neighbor’s dinner? That also goes for blankets and pillows–which, by the way, you get to keep if you buy. Oh, and don’t sneak food onboard unless you brought enough for the whole plane.

3. Bring a book.
    We’re not big fans of fancy in-flight entertainment systems. So grab that best seller at the airport, or buy a Sudoku puzzle onboard if you’re feeling brainy. You’ll touch down before you know it.

4. Don’t call us.
    We don’t have a phone number. Seriously. We’d love to chat, but those phone banks are expensive. And a good website like skybus.com is even more convenient.

5. Don't be late. We won't wait.
    Please arrive no later than 30 minutes before takeoff, or we’ll leave without you. Really. By that time, there won’t even be anyone to check your bag. It’s nothing against you–we just have to keep our flights on time, or things get expensive in a hurry.

6. Don’t expect an army of gate agents.
    You probably won’t see any agents at the gate until boarding time. Remain calm! Just print your boarding pass at skybus.com and relish in the savings.

7. Yeah, we’ve got preferred seats. Sort of.
    There are no fancy reclining beds onboard, but you can pay 10 bucks extra to board our brand-new A319 airplanes before anyone else.

8. Tickets are nonrefundable.
    Refunding a ticket costs everyone, so we don’t allow it. Of course, our tickets are so cheap it wouldn’t have been much of a refund anyway. If you need to change a ticket, your punishment for breaking a date with us is $40.

9. Bigger is not better.
    Big airports can be a big pain. We choose less crowded and more convenient secondary airports for better punctuality and, of course, lower prices.

10. No spontaneous dancing in the aisle.
    We realize you might be excited about paying a ridiculously low fare, but please refrain from any unbridled dancing onboard. This includes jumping for joy, disruptive cheering, and celebratory break dancing.

No phones! Brilliant!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

...well...at least you can't say they didn't warn you. If you buy a ticket on them you know what to expect. Doesn't sound like the airline I want to fly on, but, there is a market for everyone, so I'm sure there will be folks who pay their $10, shut-up, and get to their destination.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: SkyBus rules of flying

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    6. Don’t expect an army of gate agents.
    You probably won’t see any agents at the gate until boarding time. Remain calm! Just print your boarding pass at skybus.com and relish in the savings.

i'd love to watch a wx night at check-in...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

YOU CAN'T BRING FOOD WITH YOU??? What if your diabetic and need to eat? What about babies? They need to have some exceptions, I hope.

This is a real **** show airline..

They use the word punishment.

Just a singular comment. Pretty ironic comments coming for the devout WN flyer. 8)

Seems that before Skybus, there were Legacy Carriers and Low Cost Carriers which is analygous to to Upper and middle class.

With Skybus, there's now Upper, lower and Ghetto class ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    YOU CAN'T BRING FOOD WITH YOU??? What if your diabetic and need to eat? What about babies? They need to have some exceptions, I hope.

Just a singular comment. Pretty ironic comments coming for the devout WN flyer. 8)

Seems that before Skybus, there were Legacy Carriers and Low Cost Carriers which is analygous to to Upper and middle class.

Mario you seem to have a total misconception of WN.. I really don't understand where your coming from?

WN doesn't care if you bring food with you....

I read this on A.net. I suppose that some will be willing to suffer through this service for a flight for $10.

Place your bets on when Skybus will be gone from America!

I say end of operations: March 2008
    nwa FOREVER!

Mario you seem to have a total misconception of WN.. I really don't understand where your coming from?

Nah, I know their product and have flown them. To date, they are seen as an no frills, LCC. Some have perceived them as Greyhound in the sky (cough cough, Nik, cough cough)

So now that there is an apparent, ultra low cost no frills competitor by the name of Skybus, don't you see the irony?
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Nah, I know their product and have flown them. To date, they are seen as an no frills, LCC. Some have perceived them as Greyhound in the sky (cough cough, Nik, cough cough)

So now that there is an apparent, ultra low cost no frills competitor by the name of Skybus, don't you see the irony?
    Well the term low cost is one of the biggest misconceptions in the industry. The term low cost really refers to the carrier’s operational costs and not ticket prices as many "LCCs" offer the same prices as the "legacies." SkyBus however is a new animal all together. I just don't understand their model as of yet. You can't book through tickets; you have to purchase each segment as a new ticket. So does that also mean no baggage checked to your final destination? I don't see America responding well to their product.

So does that also mean no baggage checked to your final destination? I don't see America responding well to their product.

Baggage? Think nick will respond well to them? ;)

The CEO's address is [email protected]. I have met him, he is areal prick too. He is from Texas as well so that is two strikes on him. I checked him in about 3 months ago to CMH on us and saw his card on the bag and I tryed to pick his brain. He gave me his e mail.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Are they really serious about no food? That's lame. Also, their entire list of rules is written in a childish immature way, making it very annoying to read. Is it even worth ten bucks? I picture in my head a plane full of rednecks, crying babies (because they can't eat their food), little kids, and God only knows what else. Not very appealing...

I have to agree with Tommy on this one, this is total crap. The one thing that bugs me more than anything is being treated like a child/idiot. Establishing "stupid" non-safety related rules like this and the tone in which they are written I find to be condescending and a nuisance. They won't be getting any business from me in the near future. It seems so far that their whole operation has been thrown together using a website and some gum! I'll be very curious as to how the flying public reacts, and how they can make an operating profit (advertising revenue not included) from this. I always wish well to the airline industry, but this carrier seems like they're making a mockery of the whole thing.

On a side note, anyone know where Skybus will be carrying out their maintenance?
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

Ehh I'll go against the grain here and say that I think they are offering a very marketable product to a specific (and growing) clientele.

They've laid everything out, up front. Don't expect anything from Skybus except for them to get you from point A to point B.

Don't sneak food on? I don't know how well that is, or can be enforced.

What it will ultimately come down to is reliability and customer service. If customers get from point A to point B on time (or close to there) and haven't been immensely pissed off by the airline staff, then it's a good product. In a perfect world, SkyBus would thrive. This isn't a perfect world, and what their test will ultimately be is how well they perform, and how they treat customers during "crisis" times (snowstorms, thunderstorms, aircraft problems etc...).

I won't put any money on how I think SkyBus will do. On one hand I can see them doing really well... They are the American version of EasyJet and RyanAir. But, at the same time, a few snafus could have them singing the blues....

In all seriousness, in today's completey unpredictable climate, it's a very tough call.

Lots of companies have begun with perfectly sound business plans that garnered approval from investors and banks and went trumps.

SO you never know what can happen.