Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guess it is JV & Elvis' turn

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

This isn't really censorship as much as it is the company trying to save face while in the middle of a desperate battle with bureaucrats who were hired by people who were directly offended by O&A.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    This isn't really censorship as much as it is the company trying to save face while in the middle of a desperate battle with bureaucrats who were hired by people who were directly offended by O&A.
    BUT...XM is not regulated by the FCC, it is not terrestrial radio. To suspend them from the venue where they can "say what they want" is 100% BULL****! Time to rip the radio out of the car, install a scanner and listen to ATC all day, at least I know THAT wont be pulled off the air!

My question now is, how long before Hot 97 / Power 105 (?) / Howard Stern (yes Stern) / and all the comedy stations on XM & Sirius are pulled off the air? Freedom of Speech is no longer free.

Communism here we come.

I just suspended my XM account for 30 days.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    BUT...XM is not regulated by the FCC, it is not terrestrial radio.
    The dispute isn't with the FCC, it's with the Justice Department which will determine whether a merger with Sirius will violate anti-trust laws. I see this as a business decision, not a censorship issue.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Business decision or not, it's still censorship. They said something that offended someone (Condi Rice) and they were suspended. That's a form of censorship to me.