Thread: Some Old Pix I Wanted to Share

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Some Old Pix I Wanted to Share

found these while i was digging through some CD from back in the day.... enjoy!

these were sometime in very late 1999 or early 2000. notice the low fence, FRG guys will know what i mean. i was sitting in front of the tower when i saw this on the left downwind to 18, wathched it land and taxi to the ramp. that's down by Millionaire.

these i realized i took post-9/11. i guess that they were either may or june 2001 because i checked my logs and i only took 2 flights in a C172 after coming back from AZ. i was more concerned with not pissing off LGA more than i already had so i let the instructor take the pix. we took the helicopter route in from northport and over the city, turned around over central park and then left the same way we came. that's not an angle you get to see of LGA very often.

i have no idea when i took this. the few of you that know my DPS stories will understand this pic, we were out there between classes taunting them.

these were spring break, back in maybe 2002. i flew a YZ CRJ-200 PHX-MRY to hang out with my roomate. if only i knew back then how much i would travel to that airport in the future. this day we flew SNS-VCB-3O8-SNS. we were in a C182, my first flight on the type. while we were over the SFO/OAK area we got handed off from controller to controller about 8 timees in 5 minutes and finally finished off with NORCAL Dept. as we left the area for harris ranch for the best steaks i've ever had. (more info on 3O8 below)

these were also pre-bonanza days so maybe 2004 or so. we headed out to the airport to get our hands on the seneca which had just come out of a 100-hour inspection only to find out it was down to get the mags on #2 replaced. the only airplane we could get was this damn warrior (N43171) for my first and last ever flight in a piper. i'm a cessna guy, love those high wings. anyway, we talked on 123.45 and we exchanged emails with the guys flying a faster arrow then us and got the last pic emailed home. i wish we had that freq. programed into the consoles at work!

i don't know what i did with the rest of the pix i had from back in the day. i used to be better at having a camera around. too bad i can't share my pix from the army days, those were some fun times and i'd love to share. hope you guys enjoyed them...

3O8 is a little strip called harris ranch. it's a real ranch where they raise beef for the US market. again, the best steaks i've ever had and they're one of the three reason i have to carry my AOPA membership card with me.
    http://www.harrisranchbeef.com/index_hub.html
    http://www.airnav.com/airport/3O8
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Great shots Matt, I'm sure they have lots of memories for you. Thanks for sharing!

Cool stuff there Matt! I love the old Midex DC-9

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    THanks for showing these gems Matt. Great stuff!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Nice stuff!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

NIce pictures, I loved reading about it!
    nwa FOREVER!