Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TEB and CDW Closed UFN Due To Flooding(With pics of TEB)

Not that this probably matters to rich folk that can afford these jets - but curious to know if EWR is giving a concessionary or crisis/compassion parking rate to the owners of these displaced aircraft?
    -Vik

I'm gonna guess no, because a large amout of the TEB traffic is going to MMU. They actually slowed the amout of GA's going into EWR because it was causing more delays on the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by njgtr82
    I'm gonna guess no, because a large amout of the TEB traffic is going to MMU. They actually slowed the amout of GA's going into EWR because it was causing more delays on the airlines.
    That is true, they do have other options like Essex (KCDW), or like you mentioned Morristown Muni (KMMU). Which ironicaly, is like 7 miles from me. I figured that the uber-rich probably want to be closest to Manhattan anyway, so they would take a expense hit and park at EWR. Oh well, more to write-off for next years taxes.
    -Vik

That is sortof like the NorEaster we had back a few years ago , I know Ron would remember runway 13-31 and part of the USAirways ramp covered in water and debris from Flushing bay...

Yes D thanks for reminding me. The sight of 13-31 partially submerged was quite a sight. The highlight was those large metal drums about the size of a mini-van washing up on shore and over the embankement, crossing the closed runway then heading towards the terminal and parked aircraft. Quite a day !

Cheers

LGA777