Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observation regarding American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSiteCongrats
    I'm always amused when a non economist tries to tell an economist what the economy has done and why, mostly based on the nonsense spouted in the media and political propaganda.

As to 911, that has been coopted as a classic politcal tactic citing security as the excuse for every great folly.

As to Newt Gingrich...let each one make up his own mind on him.

As to the great military buildup, we've seen the results in Iraq where we've proven that our military is too expensive to use, our technology does not ultimately win the war and as a society we are not willing to shoulder great losses to prevail.

While we are busy thinking we are great and mighty, the world is out-competing us on every level. How long will this last?
    As an economist perhaps you would like enlighten us a bit as to how the Dems have done a better job, because perhaps I’m not smarter enough based on your statement? I do find It interesting how in one paragraph you can state that my vision of the economy is based on "nonsense spouted in the media and political propaganda" but then you go on to state almost from the mouth of Dem News Network aka CNN about Iraq. Great losses, what great losses, while all the losses in Iraq have been tragic causalities in Iraq can't compare to past conflicts has the media even mentioned that fact? Has the media even covered that the current problems in Iraq are centered in Central Iraq and in no way represent a total collapse of the country? What happened to the word “Civil War?” The media was throwing that word around a lot before the build up, don’t hear that anymore.

Ever since the recent build up of forces in Iraq our losses have gone done and so has the kidnapping and execution of Western workers, you don't hear that though. You don’t hear that in Northern Iraq the country is flourishing. I find it a bit odd that in one breath someone can state it amazes them how media and political agenda can form some else’s belief of the economy but then in another statement what they have to say on the topic is solid fact and not swayed by the media and political propaganda.

I agree with you that the world is outpacing us in some areas but that doesn’t mean we are on the road to collapse, in fact it means opportunity for U.S interests in those countries. I’ll take my company for example, the growing middle class in India is a boom for us, and we are poised to become the largest supplier of health care products in India, a market that is as large as the U.S middle class market. Lastly to address your statement “I'm voting for the Democrats who have a better track record with fiscal responsibility.” I’ll leave you with this not so distance memory…President Johnson and Carter.

I don't watch CNN and I'm not a Democrat.

I choose to reason for myself from contacts who are working in the field and who can provide frist hand information that I trust in consideration of the source.

For example, I was a senior economist at the world's lrgest central bank when I worked with Mr. Rubens and Mr. Greenspan and so I know firsthand regarding the economic policies of Bill Clinton and Mr. Gingrich's contributions.

I've sold millions of metric tons of sugar to Iraq through one key American who is the only one who can get sugar into Iraq and he's a Bush family friend.

I have a business partner who is a retired Admiral.

My entire career has been spent in key circles of one kind or another and I form my opinions from my own experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSiteCongrats
    I don't watch CNN and I'm not a Democrat.

I choose to reason for myself from contacts who are working in the field and who can provide frist hand information that I trust in consideration of the source.

For example, I was a senior economist at the world's lrgest central bank when I worked with Mr. Rubens and Mr. Greenspan and so I know firsthand regarding the economic policies of Bill Clinton and Mr. Gingrich's contributions.

I've sold millions of metric tons of sugar to Iraq through one key American who is the only one who can get sugar into Iraq and he's a Bush family friend.

I have a business partner who is a retired Admiral.

My entire career has been spent in key circles of one kind or another and I form my opinions from my own experiences.
    Well thanks for the resume and list of credentials, is it suppose to impress me somehow? It fails to show us how the Democrats have been stronger in economic policy then the GOP. Your experience should have given you plenty of examples of how Clinton and the Dem’s policies helped the country towards economic growth, please share. Because as far as I'm concerned and many others with friends like yours, what drew this country to the biggest economic boom in its history was trickle down economics and the advancement of technology during the 1980s that fell into the public's hands in the early to mid 90s.

As an economist I'm sure your familiar with good debt and bad debt, somehow it’s always decided on that deficits and deficit spending is a bad thing. By no means is it a bad thing if it’s being spent on the right causes. Spending under Regan did put us in a huge deficit but it contributed to the fall of the Soviet Empire and the advancements discovered through defense spending lead to lots of people making some real money in the 90s.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    The name of the show is called "American Idol", so, the best singer may not win. However, the winners of American Idol do quite well on the billboards.

Very true. And reflective of the democratic process.

It is always hard to judge a President in the present day, it takes history to judge a President.

Spot on, Mike. Best words yet!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I've come to learn that economic trends are shaped from initiatives set forth years before, taking time to take effect. So if you liked the Clinton years, say thanks to Papa Bush.

I do think that our economic strategies are balanced out by having a Democrat one terma nd a Repub the next. It's a good control.

I have to say I can understnadif people want to test the waters to vote Democrat for the upcoming Presedential election, but I can't see it being for better fiscal esponsibility, but for a different (not necessarily better) stance on foreign policy.....an issue that will shape which countries want to do business with us to begin with.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Oh Phil! Papa Bush? lol

Even Papa had enough sense not to march to Baghdad and show the world the truth of our military invincibility.

Word on the street (since I don't watch the show) is Sanjaya finally got booted tonight. Good news: today's Post reports his sister is on her way to L.A. to launch a music career which has been jumpstarted by the low cut shirts she wore to her brother's performances.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

In response to the Iraq comment, there is much that is not public knowladge. I come from a family that is very politically and militaraly involved and intrested. My cousin is in intell in the US Navy flying the EP3E and we have had many discussions. What the media says is sheer filtered bull****. I do not want to get into a fire war here so I will zip my lips at this point.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I think I jumped and yelped last night when I heard the words "Sanjaya, you are going home tonight". I was really surprised Blake and Lakeesha where up last night and was pretty upset because I like them both!

Regardless that Sanjaya got booted off this guy has a treasure chest of deals waiting for him, endorsements, record contracts, TV deals, sponsorships. He's set for life after this, even if he fades, which I'm sure he will. The money he'll make in the short term can be a nice net egg if he's smart about not blowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Regardless that Sanjaya got booted off this guy has a treasure chest...
    [INSERT SANJAYA SISTER JOKE HERE]
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9