Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You know your from Long Island....

isn't there a Sonic across the street from Sunrise mall...in Melville

man that place scares me...its the sticks...

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    .....Melville hsa no Sunrise Mall.

Thinks you means Massapequa.

BTW,

this trains stops at Jamaica, rockville center, baldwin freeport merrick bellmore wantagh seaford massapaequa massapequa park amityville copiague lindenhurst and babylon.

change at babylon for the train to bayshore islip great river oakdale sayville and patchogue.

NExt time we have dinner, we'll see if I can rattle that off after a few drinks!

Yep, the LIRR was a fun gig.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mmedford
    isn't there a Sonic across the street from Sunrise mall...in Melville

man that place scares me...its the sticks...
    Nope, I think there's a Checkers over there, that might be what you're thinking of. The closest Sonic is in Morgantown, PA, which is about 40 miles west of Philadelphia.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Yeah that is a Checkers, speaking of which do you anyone who has ever had anything from Checkers? I don't know a soul who has.

I love Checkers!!!!!! I love the spicy chicken sandwich in particular Tommy. Go to one and make sure you have fries. Best fast food on earth.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I love Checkers!!!!!! I love the spicy chicken sandwich in particular Tommy. Go to one and make sure you have fries. Best fast food on earth.
    Best fast food is Inn and Out Burger hands down!

Okay okay you win but in NY Checkers wins for franchise by far not counting All American Burger. Sonic is kick arse though too.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Tommy

You have not had Checkers? It really is GREAT. but....
    Have Champ burger with cheese and the fries and within an hour, you will regret it. But it is a tasty burger. ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Yeah, Checkers is definitely a notch above McD's, Wendy's, etc.

Sonic note: they seem to be steadily crawling toward the northeast. The last time I checked a couple of years ago, the nearest Sonic to New York was in Tennessee. Now they've made it as far as southeastern PA, so in a few years I think they may make it up here.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

When they do make it to Long Island spotting at FRG or LGA will become even better. They have a piar of pocket rockets (737-200's) that their higher up's fly on.

I'll throw in my 2 cents for Checkers......damn good stuff. Fries are the best out of the major fast food joints. There are a crap load of them in the south...especially in Florida. There used to be one in Deer Park on DPA....it was the only one I had ever seen north of Virginia!
    Oh....really good milk shakes too... :)

-Rich

They have expanded quite a bit in NY now Rich. Go on the Checkers website and do a search by zip code in Nassau County.

Looks like ya got a few of them up there now.....that's a move in the right direction!

Rich