Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta New Livery Revealed (?)

Delta New Livery Revealed (?)

I honestly hope that this is NOT Delta's new livery!

http://flickr.com/photos/ritchkoff/4484 ... 051447339/

Doubt it, look at the widget...it's the (now) old curvy one. They've since reverted back to the classic widget which will surely be used on the upcoming new scheme.

-Rich

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i hope so too, that ugly!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I just realized that is a model of a 767-300, not the real thing. However that appears to be their new brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    I just realized that is a model of a 767-300, not the real thing. However that appears to be their new brand.
    But is it a model with the new c/s for the commercial shoot? It may be real, but they don't have one painted yet, so they are using a model for the shoot so the commercial is ready to go when they unveil the new look.

Looking closer at some of the other pictures, it looks like the widget is indeed the classic one. Doesn't change my opinion though, that's a boring livery.

-Rich

I'd say its fake, the Delta is the rounded Delta and not the pointed wiget Delta changed back to last year.

Judging from the other pictures I think it might be real, unfortunately. It's even worse than Delta's current one.
    Nick S. @ EWR

Look at the other pics: http://flickr.com/photos/ritchkoff/sets ... 051447339/

It seems the photographer was part of a film crew making a commercial with the new Delta branding at ATL. The plane is a real 767, not a model. He shows the plane before and after painting, and also with the engine open. The new Delta title, with the widget, is also photographed on the side of a building, not just on the plane. This seems 99% legit to me.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

The plane with the new livery is definitely a model...you can see pictures of the model, but perhaps that's just to help the painters paint the real plane? I agree that the livery and logo are real though.
    Nick S. @ EWR

Ahh, you're right. In which case, that is almost definitely the new livery. They used the real plane for the engine shot and interior shots.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

It looks like the photo was deleted from the site!

It looked like it was unfinished.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

He probably didn't want to loose his job or something, seeing as though the pictures weren't supposed to be released for another few weeks. At least you were able to save one of them.
    Nick S. @ EWR

Disappointing to say the least.

Perhaps marginally better than what they have now though.
    "Keep 'em Flying"