Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta New Livery Revealed (?)

I will take the current one over this one any day. I love my Delta blue! Delta is getting worse by the moment. First rumors that Comair might get the axe and now this whishy washy crap of a paint job! Ugh!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Model airplane... Photoshop amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by AirbusA350XWB
    Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    I was thinking the same thing... Just look at the engine.

[quote=PHL Approach]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iberia A340-600":ac359
    I was thinking the same thing... Just look at the engine.[/quote:ac359]

Yep your right the engine isn't real.

Its supposedly from a marketing shoot, the plane in the pictures is a mock up.

I really don't see any reasoning behind using an airplane model to make a marketing shoot. Makes zero sense, especially when computer graphics are used to generate images of planned liveries. It's a pure sham.

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/bus ... delta.html

"The main feature of the new design is likely to be the return of Delta's triangular shield logo, known as "the widget," to the tail of its jets, according to one employee familiar with the design.

He said a working version features an all-red version of the logo on navy blue tails. The triangular logo — currently red, white and blue — also gets a new three-dimensional look but doesn't change its basic shape, the employee said. Aircraft colors will also be tweaked, featuring a darker blue that matches recently-revamped employee uniforms, while the main fuselage color will remain white."

I really don't see any reasoning behind using an airplane model to make a marketing shoot. Makes zero sense, especially when computer graphics are used to generate images of planned liveries. It's a pure sham.
    Liveries, yes. Realistic looking planes in hangars, no.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Yuck this livery is horrible. Is it even possible to come up a with a sarcastic nickname that does justice to this garbage? Any takers?

I definitely think this is the real livery. Photo was there, then deleted, plus this user has a Pro Flickr account and lists his job as an advertising account executive.

Good call on the engines, Jakub.

Gordon and Nycfly75--thanks for saving the images!
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

I still think it's real though, I mean the pictures of the new logo being put on the wall were definitely real and I doubt someone would go to these lengths for a sham.
    Nick S. @ EWR

Maybe if they added more blue underbelly it wouldn't look as bad. See this 777 mock up with more blue that someone else did: http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... linrd6.png

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Liveries, yes. Realistic looking planes in hangars, no.
    And why would you need "Realistic looking planes in hangars"? Would you make a commercial with a model plane standing in a hangar? How exciting... I think that a much realistic looking plane would be generated on a computer. It's year 2007 and not the 60's.

@Will

It wasn't just the engines, but many more components that clearly stand out.

Well, it's the engines that to me are a dead give away.

That mockup was probably a part of the initial proposal for the scheme,and was used afterwards tos hwo it to people.

Honestly, on the 777, it looks damn good. There aren't many schemes that I can think of that look good on a 763 anyway. Except for one. ;)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I love the current livery. I think it's a shame they have to do away with it. Maybe it won't happen!
    "lol retart"