Thread: 1100 lost bags at Toronto...including mine

1100 lost bags at Toronto...including mine

So I'm speaking to Air Canada this morning regarding my lost bag and they inform me because of a backlog over the past four days they've accumulated 1100 as they put it "unclaimed" bags.. I have to say that its total BS that things like this still go on. How many times have we all heard about mass lost luggage piling up at hub airports? This is one thing that needs to stop, its a total inconvenience to travelers and something the airlines should be fined over. If your short ground handlers, hire more or put management out on the line to get things moving.

Last night about 20 people from my flight had their bags lost, probably sitting in that pile of bags in Toronto. The CSR at LGA for Air Canada couldn't even get through to YYZ because no one picked up the phone after four tries. This amounts to poor management and operational standards. The managers at Air Canada should be ashamed of their performance. I have allot of other trips to Canada this year and I'll be thinking twice before booking another Air Canada flight.

I understand that the bag handlers's job is hard but, for "pete's sake" there shouldnt be that many lost bags.

AC has a little bit of a reputaion at YYZ for things like such. They once sent a 190 to SRQ with about 15% of the bags on the flight belonging to a FLL run on accident. That was a fun one. I am not a big fan of AC.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Tommy,

During my last 4 trips with US/HP they managed to loose my bags 3 times.
    This is my total since February this year:
    IAD-CLT-MEM lost bags (US Airways)
    IAD-ORD-IND lost bags (United)
    PHX-LAS lost bags (America West)
    CLT-DCA lost bags (US Airways)

I don't mind if they misplace my bags from time to time AT my final destination, but loosing my bags on almost every flight???

My worst case was on a direct flight!!! PHX-LAS week ago. Starting trip of my point was PHX and I was going to LAS. I arrived at the airport 4 hours before my departure time and my flight was delayed another 3 hours. When I arrived at LAS at 2am my laguagge was lost. I spent 1 hour waiting in line to complete my claim then the strangest thing ever happened to me. They offered to deliver my missing bag to the hotel of my choice for $20!!!
    By the time I left from the airport it was almost 5am. I checked-in in some hotel, had 4 hours of sleep and had to hit Walmart to buy some fresh undies :)

When you loose somebodys belongings, you don't tell them to pay for it if they want to get it back. You KISS customers asses!!!

I don't know why I keep flying US Airways.

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

I think all the airlines should outsource baggage handling to Fed-ex. You'll get your bag the next day, but atleast you'll get it.

Funny thing is, man can rendevous with a space station with absolute precision - but can't even get a bag from one earthly place to another on the same airline.

-Vik

At least your bag won't be lonely in Toronto, Tommy :)

The scary part is that some day, when we have transporter technology like in Star Trek, it's going to be the same people operating those machines. You will end up at LAX with a handle on your back, and a green nylon butt

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    And even with PPBM, this kind of crap still goes on (and, yes, I know it means that you can't choose to fly without your bag, but the airline holds the option).

And, harkening back to my days making EWR-YUL runs - I would avoid AC whenever I could. Terrible employees, terrible service; the only reason I kept flying them was that they offered very cheap tickets through the student agency, and they had a 2115L departure from Newark, which let me get a full day in at home before going back to school. Continental's last departure was something like 1730L, which wasn't very helpful. Air Canada likes to treat destinations as suggestions. A common practice for them (happened to me once, my sister once, and friends multiple times) is to cancel a Newark flight, and offer you either a flight soon to LGA or hours later to Newark.

Yes, sometime it's the airlines fault, other time is the security we have to deal with in this age. Several people on my last flight (including me) arrived without their luggage. When I dropped it off at the huge pile at security area at MCO, I pretty much waved good bye to it--didn't expect to see it at my destination.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty