Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Global Aero Logistics Buys World Air Holdings!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    As implied here, I do think that ATA will ease away from military charter and become Southwest's feed to international service. ATA will also probably pursue vacation charters a little more as well.

I don't think that the pax MD-11s will be affected for several years until military needs drop some. AMC needs it too much right now and all three airlines need all the aircraft they can have to accomplish the requested missions.
    Phil more then 50% of ATA's revenue is from AMC charters, why would they "ease" away from making a profit?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Phil more then 50% of ATA's revenue is from AMC charters, why would they "ease" away from making a profit?
    It's actually closer to 40%. If they're not operating widebody a/c for the military, the "easing" will happen very naturally.

-Rich

I think we'll see a merging of brand down the line aways - Maybe not this year or next year - but eventually.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Oh just to clear something up. Global Aero doesn't own ATA, Global Aero is ATA. ATA Holdings changed its name, so its really ATA who is buying World and NA. After doing some research its clear ATA is going for the military charter market. The filings on the buyout report them to be the biggest lift provider to the military and after this they will secure that position entirely. Smart move on ATA's part, one of the most common ways for companies to grow in today's market is via buying outs, organic growth costs too much money.