Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you fly to France?

Who would you fly to France?

Hi All-

So I have been lucky enough to have been selected for a one week trip to France for work in June. And of course, what is the first thing to enter my mind: who will I fly? (Yet even more concrete proof that I am OBSESSED! 8) ) I am not sure whether we will fly to Paris or whether we will be connecting onward to Lyon or another southern-France destination. My plan is probably going to either go direct to CDG or connect through CDG, so let's consider that my ending point for now. Now here are my "restrictions":

1) I will not fly American as of this moment. I have my reasons, and if you want the whole story, I'll post it. But my last experience with them a few weeks ago was a nightmare in almost every respect, so I don't feel like they deserve my company's money at this moment.
    2) I have a fair amount of miles on Delta, and a roundtrip to Europe on a Skyteam carrier would give me enough for a free ticket, so I think I would like to fly on any of the Skyteam alliance carriers.

So based on those two criterion, who would you fly? Thanks for your input!

Andy
    KC2AQG
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

If I had to go to France I'd fly a plane that doesn't carry enough fuel to get there.

I'm kidding. Kinda.

I would never set foot on an Air France aircraft, though, for political reasons.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Air France 77W all the way! woohoo!!

j
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Well if Airbus broke my arm to fly over to France and say give me a type in one of their aircraft (the only way to get me to France as well) I would fly Delta (sorry US)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    wow, already an Anti-American and an Anti- French post.

Andy, whAAt is your AAnti-AA story?

I just read your clauses, so here it goes....go with a Star Alliance carrier to CDG and take the TGV train from Gare de Lyon(in Paris) to Lyon. It's a 2 hr trip on a doubledecker TGV train doing 200 mph and its lovely scenery. Actually its an incredible ride, landsoaring through fields adn villages. The flight might be shorter but with security, dealing with the airport, etc, the train to Lyon is just as long.

Andy, that is the best way really.

Or, if you have a little fluff time, Fly BA into LHR and rail it from there, though it is longer.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

If you want to fly SkyTeam, do it! I agree, no Air France though. Plus, you don't want to be on a dirty plane do you? ;)
    nwa FOREVER!

Air France! Great service...

Never fly an American Carrier, as well as Air India, overseas, unless you absolutely have to.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    Air France! Great service...

Never fly an American Carrier, as well as Air India, overseas, unless you absolutely have to.
    Air France, from France!!! :evil:
    nwa FOREVER!

I'd fly Air France or KLM (via AMS) all the way. I have flown Air France 20 times and would gladly fly them another 20. Try to get on AF10 and AF7 since they are operated by the 777-300ER and 747-400 and if you fly the 747-400 try to get a seat on the upper deck, they have economy up there.

Fly L'avion from Newark!

Or CO to Paris then on an AF A318!

AF I have flown them 2 rt in the last 6 months and it was great, the seats are a bit tight, but the food and service is great!!!!IFE is good nice choice of movies and shows,

If you fly the 777-300 try for row 18 it the first row of coach hugh amount of legroom but no window, or upperdeck of the 747-400
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Delta. Since you have FF Mileage with Skyteam, (Skymiles I presume?) I would go with Delta from JFK-CDG. Take a nice train ride to Lyon, that would be a sight I would say!
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

By the way, I don't like AA either because of their bologna about the Wright Amendment.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    Delta. Since you have FF Mileage with Skyteam, (Skymiles I presume?) I would go with Delta from JFK-CDG. Take a nice train ride to Lyon, that would be a sight I would say!
    I would go with Air France before going with Delta any day. Air France has comfortable seats, great service, great food, and a good IFE system. Maybe when Delta has their updated interiors with all their planes packing PTVs, then maybe I would fly them to Paris.

I am against Air France all the way so I will take a Delta 767 but to compromise I would probably fly Swiss to Zurich and than fly to France from there.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"