Thread: Boston and DCA on Tuesday Trip Report added (MANY PHOTOS)

Boston and DCA on Tuesday Trip Report added (MANY PHOTOS)

So Tuesday me and Alexa are going to make a day trip of DCA to the Smithsonian. We are going to fly to BOS on the 6A.M. to watch the sun come up from first class than have breakfast in Boston and maybe I will spot a bit (if she lets me bring the camera) than jump on the 9 or 10 A.M. DCA and probalby come home to LGA on the 8 P.M.

Also I am off to CLT for 5 days on the 9th followed by SRQ from the 13th to 17th (pending I can get the 16th and 17th off as well)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Off to DCA now. Girfriend in tote complaining the whole way I am sure because the sun is not up and we have to go to Melville first to pick someone up. Report later. Boston has gotten the axe though. Afterall Legal seafood is not a good idea when you are allergic to seafood.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Girfriend in tote...
    Cool, but if you stuffed her in a bag, who's going to carry your other bags?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

So after waking up at 0400 in the morning to get ready so we could drive out to Melville but more like FRG area to pick a friend and son up we got on the road. I got lost 3 times going around the area not being soo familiar with Suffolk. We missed the 10 A.M. shuttle in what turned out to be a massive group of co workers eventually going to DCA. We departed out of LGA slightly delayed and to my suprise Mr. Ron Peel ended up flying out with us as well. We departed runway 13 our of LGA so I had my camera ready

Shot on the roll!

Traffic at nine O'clock one mile 500 below two police choppers. Advise when you have traffic in sight!

Finally! In DC!

Alexa and me peeled off from the rest of the group to spend what was only supposed to be a short time at the Air and Space Museum but the second I stepped foot past the metal detectors I had a trail of smoke behind me I darted off soo fast. We spent more than 3/4 the time there. We flew a full motion simulation F-4 flight and I spent more time flying inverted etc.. than anything though I must credit Alexa. She was pretty good for a gunner that was hanging from their straps most of the time.

The grand daddy of them all. All hail the Wright Flyer!

I knew was destined to be a pilot!

I am getting slightly chubby in the cheeks.

Bye Bye DCA

Little Jeremy My friend Gesella's son

After landing back in NY we all decided to hit a Thai place in Brooklyn called Sea which is mucho delicioso! On the way home as Alexa had to navigate us back to the GCP I played with the camera a wee bit

All and all a great day.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Nice shots of the Tidal Basin with the cherry trees in bloom. Your two police helos are the US Park Police B412s, N32PP and N412PP, callsign Eagle 1 and Eagle 2. In the pictures of DC, you can also see the building where I work!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    nice day trip. the last 2 pix, where did you take those and what were you trying to get? pretty trippy!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I was in DC last weekend as well. I went to the air and space museum but was disappointed. Many exhibits were closed including the Jet Age exhibit. Quote disappointing.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    nice day trip. the last 2 pix, where did you take those and what were you trying to get? pretty trippy!
    I took them in Brooklyn. I was just messing around with the light a little bit.

Awsome shots Hiss :)
    Runway heading 135.2 wow they got that down to a science!.

Senga