Thread: Old Pictures of JFK's EA Terminal?

Old Pictures of JFK's EA Terminal?

Is there a database where I can find old pictures of JFK's Eastern Airlines terminal? There are ample pictures of the other JFK terminals circa 1980s and 1990s but not much of the EA terminal. Anyone have any pictures of the termial during these time periods?

I notice that the two piers were so narrow that the terminal could not hold many aircraft. Is this true? Any Eastern buffs out there?
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

It was Terminal 1 (the old T1). I might have a couple pics at home somewhere as I worked in that Term for several years. I used to love exploring the lower levels and finding old EA stuff.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikephotos
    It was Terminal 1 (the old T1). I might have a couple pics at home somewhere as I worked in that Term for several years. I used to love exploring the lower levels and finding old EA stuff.

Mike
    Cool! What was it like? Were you there after EA went under? I think MGM grand and Tower flew out of there as well afterwards?
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

It was cool, kinda old and dumpy but the MGM lounge was great of course. I worked with MGM. Tower Air and America West where there as well. Avensa, Key Air, Leisure Air and some others were regulars. The term was quite busy when Tower Air flights were operating.

Hanging out for lunch in the old Eastern Ramp Tower was fun, watching the action. I'll look thru some of my old prints and see if I have any shots showing the term.

Mike