Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March 21 380 @ JFK review....

March 21 380 @ JFK review....

Hi Everyone,

There were a bunch more people out today!! It was very nice to meet some more members of the site; I think there were about 15-20 of us in total. Very impressive for a work day :P

I had to leave early to get to work, but I was able to catch the 380 on departure...check it out:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5941782

Too bad I couldn't stay for the arrival...I expect to see some shots of that from all the other guys!

Josh May
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Awesome shot, Josh.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Josh I think you slipped the last one through on jp for a hot photo because mine was rejected for invalid hot.... but here's my shots

Your second shot with the skyline in the backround is absolutely beautiful :D

Do you sell prints of your photos?

The middle skyline shot is awesome, but I would suggest rotating so the shoreline is horizontal and the buildings and landing gear (but not the tail) are vertical. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Great shots Bill :)

Yea I didn't bother to upload my shots from yesterday as they would probably be rejcted at invalid hot as well.

Senga

Here are some of mine from today.

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Nice shots everyone! Eric, I love your shot with the two Airbii nose to nose - looks like big brother and little brother, even the color schemes match!

The first pic. Like father, Like son. or I'm bigger than you!!!
    "lol retart"

i really liked the head-on look too....its an absolutely beautiful angle, and makes the A380 look like the menacing fat pig that is is! :P

here's a shot i took that is exactly what i'm talking about, except it was rejected cuz there's too much heat haze unfortunately. i was surprised to see how much heat haze there was, even in the winter time!! oh well...such is life haha. still somethin' for the personal collection hehe.

- Josh
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Did anyone see it land? After myself and you folks saw it depart from Bayswater I drove around with Vidiot JFK looking for the Air India cargo building, got lost, we thought we saw the A380 land, about 30 minutes later we saw it do a flyby over 13R, a few minutes later I saw a AF Triple 7 land on 13R in my review and drove to the Starbucks on Crossbay Blvd. After 40 minutes of standing on the patio, Vidiot looked up this site on his Blackberry and found out that it landed on 4L ie it pulled a fast one.

However, we did try and sneak around Hangar 19 to get a better look. We did see some nice tail action.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

That picture of the A380 with the skyline in the background is great.

Matt Smith, Joe Stecz, and---and (sorry forgot your name!) and yours truly did manage to just barely return back to Bayswater for today's arrival shots.

"it was a ride into hell"
    The runways changed for both its departure and arrival-leaving seconds to get her.

eric8669 and myself almost had a bumper car experience, Matt was drag racing on Rockaway Blvd and I almost twisted the engine in my Jeep into a pretzel.

I'm officially all A380ed out.
    Goodbye and good riddance.

A380 ~ "THE BIG UGLY"
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingColors
    Matt Smith, Joe Stecz, and---and (sorry forgot your name!) and yours truly did manage to just barely return back to Bayswater for today's arrival shots.

"it was a ride into hell"
    The runways changed for both its departure and arrival-leaving seconds to get her.

eric8669 and myself almost had a bumper car experience, Matt was drag racing on Rockaway Blvd and I almost twisted the engine in my Jeep into a pretzel.

I'm officially all A380ed out.
    Goodbye and good riddance.

A380 ~ "THE BIG UGLY"
    Too funny. I noticed that it's not listed on Passur. I back tracked it to 9:15 a.m. and went to 9:50 a.m. and saw nothing. I would have liked to have seen its flight path.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

I really like the pics with the city in the background. Where are they taken from?

Thanks