Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1369

Thread: Post Your Recent REJECTIONS!

Any idea on what horizon I should be leveling to in this shot? Shooting these 3/4 shots rather than straight on is still giving me fits

http://www.jetphotos.net//viewreject_b.php?id=3816965
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

You can use the fence or trees in bg :-)

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

A bit of a pedantic rejection I will agree Cary (I didn't screen this one). if you look at the horizontals on the buildings right and left though, they do indicate a bit of cw required. However, I would probably have HQ'd the image because it looks level for the most part. When I get rejections like this I just adjust a bit and re-upload.

I'm not trying to defend the screening process - it will have flaws as there are many humans involved in judging photography which is very subjective in nature.

Jeremy if I was screening your Delta CRJ, I would immediately drag the window to the right side of my monitor and look at those three grey posts under the horizontal stabilizer. That indicates it needs some CCW rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by alevik View Post
    A bit of a pedantic rejection I will agree Cary (I didn't screen this one). if you look at the horizontals on the buildings right and left though, they do indicate a bit of cw required. However, I would probably have HQ'd the image because it looks level for the most part. When I get rejections like this I just adjust a bit and re-upload.

I'm not trying to defend the screening process - it will have flaws as there are many humans involved in judging photography which is very subjective in nature.
    So even with Cary overlaying perfectly level vertical lines on the buildings on BOTH sides of the photo, AND a perfectly horizontal line with the ground, you still think it needs CW rotation? This my friend is one of the reasons people are not uploading to that site as much. It's almost as if they are looking to reject excellent photos just to say they can.

No Motive on this one...I am baffled.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3826433

I thought JP loved air->ground shots??

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    No Motive on this one...I am baffled.

I thought JP loved air->ground shots??
    Unfortunately, your plane's shadow is hurting the quality of the main subject...that's the reason for the Motive rejection.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by alevik View Post

Thanks for the response. As for using the horizontals for leveling, those buildings are skewed to the runway, so they wouldn't make for accurate guides. Even in my adjusted (accepted) photo, the building horizontals are still slanted. That being said, since it is now in the database, I have nothing more to add, as it will just bring about more stress :)

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    So even with Cary overlaying perfectly level vertical lines on the buildings on BOTH sides of the photo, AND a perfectly horizontal line with the ground, you still think it needs CW rotation? This my friend is one of the reasons people are not uploading to that site as much. It's almost as if they are looking to reject excellent photos just to say they can.
    You must have missed the part where I said I would have given it HQ.... that is not a rejection but a vote to accept. Don't let your predetermined notions get in the way of reading to understand.

Not sure where you get the not uploading to site as much. The daily uploads are higher than I can remember since I started screening a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice View Post
    Cary, there's a simple solution: stop caring. :-). A site that is that bent on rejecting photos probably isn't worth the time spent on it :)
    When I think of all the time I spent doin the nasty(something constructive) instead of wasting valuable life time trying to conform to their craziness(in the insane belief that somehow, having pictures on there will bring me some kind of recognition and somehow my life is now worth living).....it makes me smile

They should take a clue from the Roman Empire

I'm about ready to give up on A.Net, something like 0 for 30 in my recent uploads.

This one was rejected for quality, I have looked at it on 4 different screens and fail to see where the quality issue is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawk...n/photostream/

Then the head screener gave me an ass of a response back that I need to be more judgemental of my pics. If I thought they were crap I wouldn't have uploaded them in the first place.

To be honest I would be happy to have my last shot be the all blacks I had accepted a while ago-
    Last edited by seahawks7757; 2012-05-24 at 01:44 PM.
    http://brandonsaviationblog.blogspot.com/ My continuing updated Aviation Blog
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/ My continuing updated photostream from BFI and sometimes SEA

I do not mess with Anet, so I personally do not know exactly what they want, but WHAT is wrong with the quality of this pic? Everything looks pretty damn good in my eyes, what are they expecting!
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Brandon, I think the image is terrific. However, for A.net, in my own opinion given my own experience, it looks to be a bit oversharpened in some areas and too contrasty and too dark on the belly/shadow areas.

The crop does not work for me either and I have been rejected for similar crops in the past so I stay away from them.

Regardless of the A.net metrics, I like the shot :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by seahawks7757 View Post
    This one was rejected for quality, I have looked at it on 4 different screens and fail to see where the quality issue is.
    The problem is that the paint scheme is completely crummy. It should look more like this:

Seriously though, I agree with Manny - oversharpened and the crop is a little weak. If the engine wasn't blocking so much fuselage, it might work.

Brandon, don't let rejections get you down. Your work is top notch, and if the screeners at Anet do not want your work, screw 'em!
    You have your blog and your Flickr account, post 'em there. Between those two and linking the pics to this site, will get you plenty of views.