Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Recent REJECTIONS!

Ryan, the NWA DC-9 is an easy one - based on the "9974" number, the registration/serial is N9338 / 47347. It's in the JP database here:http://www.jetphotos.net/census/listing.php?model=DC9 and there are a bunch of photos of it on JP.net

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Ryan what are you using to edit your pictures? If its PS make sure your save settings are set to the maximum, otherwise you'll get those nasty artifacts. As for the regi just do what Moose said, but in the future try to take a "regi shot", not one you'll upload but one that will simpy get you the regi.

I reuploaded the 9 on JP with correct information. If it gets accepted you guys will enjoy this picture trust me.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I reuploaded the 9 on JP with correct information. If it gets accepted you guys will enjoy this picture trust me.
    What are you talking about? You only have one picture in the que right now the NWA DC-9.

[quote=T-Bird76]
    Quote Originally Posted by "hiss srq":327f9
    What are you talking about? You only have one picture in the que right now the NWA DC-9.[/quote:327f9]

Lol, I think he meant DC-9

Tommy needs more coffee that is all. The 9 means DC-9 tommy.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Tommy needs more coffee that is all. The 9 means DC-9 tommy.
    Or someone who uses proper grammer! :twisted:

Okay - I have a question on this one...

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1505655

The building in front is level - but the runway and taxiway might not be...if I levle the taxiway, then the building will not be level - is this worth editing again of is it one that will never make it because something will not be level?
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Your not supposed to have everything in the picture level... It's just to have the photo taken at a true 90 degree angle to the ground, so level with the taxiway, the building was at an angle.
    nwa FOREVER!

Re: Post Your Recent REJECTIONS!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1506334

The DC-9 got rejected again, compression. On my office computer which is glass screen I do not see it. I really wanted this one up though. I have a bunch of other shots that should be in que by the ned of the week though. We shall see.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1506334

The DC-9 got rejected again, compression. On my office computer which is glass screen I do not see it. I really wanted this one up though. I have a bunch of other shots that should be in que by the ned of the week though. We shall see.
    It does have some JPEG artifacts around the NWA logo and the windows, and also on the tail. But I only noticed it because I spent two years working for a company that makes image compression software. You might be able to fix the windows in PS, if the problem exists in your source image. And you should definitely be able to fix the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by heeshung
    Should've really gotten that last piece of tail!
    Story of my life

May seem off-topic, but after looking at Ryan's DC-9, what the flip is jpeg artifacting?
    "lol retart"

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter
    May seem off-topic, but after looking at Ryan's DC-9, what the flip is jpeg artifacting?
    I don't think thats off topic

Jpeg artifacting is when you compress an image into a smaller file size, some data is is discarded by the program that is changing the file size. Technically speaking, since Jpeg images aren't lossless, all images suffer from artifacting, but usually that is not noticeable. Basically, there are a few types of compression, contouring, posterizing and blockiness.

If you open up a photo in photoshop and go to save it, drag the quality bar less than 12 and save it (lets say, save it as 3) now look at the file, you will notice the artifacting, in the case of Ryans Dc-9 photo, you can see it around parts of the fuselage, like the nwa symbol and windows. Iv'e seen rejections at A.net and Jetphotos for compression, but it was actually oversharpening, but its not likely in this case, because the rest of the image is not super-sharp.

Ryan, is your photoshop quality setting set to 12 (highest)?

I hope that answers your question.
    nwa FOREVER!