Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Recent REJECTIONS!

Program Coordinator

Re: Post Your Recent REJECTIONS!

I didn't see any fence in there - but I didn't run an equalizer on it either. I do see what appears to be a dust spot though.

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice
    I didn't see any fence in there - but I didn't run an equalizer on it either. I do see what appears to be a dust spot though.
    I see it now, its not very obvious with a quick look. Look at the discoloration on the left side of the pic, its a dark tint on the grass and nose.

Program Coordinator

Huh...I definitely didn't see that either at first - and actually just spent the better part of 5 minutes scoping it out. I do see it, and I think with an equalizer run it would be more obvious. Am I crazy or is there a dust spot in the top left corner?

Huh...I definitely didn't see that either at first - and actually just spent the better part of 5 minutes scoping it out. I do see it, and I think with an equalizer run it would be more obvious.
    Since we've been discussing it so much, I did save and equalize it, and you can see the difference.

Am I crazy or is there a dust spot in the top left corner?
    Yes on both parts :D

Program Coordinator

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy - top left, about 2 inches over and 1 down:

Well damn - I missed that too...ok...so it was a failure...LOL...already looking at which one to edit next....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Program Coordinator

Amazing what you don't notice sometimes. I can't believe some of the stuff I miss sometimes.

On the first and third shots, the sky is very noisy. Did you deselect the sky when sharpening? Almost looks like they were dark and you bumped the exposure too much.

On the second one, the AA MD-83, the landing gear is behind the side of the overpass - that's always going to be a killer. It's an interesting shot, but unfortunately you can't cut off parts like that - maybe if you caught him a second earlier, before the gear go out of sight.

On the last shot (you have the Pegasus shot listed twice) the white fuselage is blown out with no detail. White aircraft can be difficult to expose properly, especially with a dark background - you may want to dial in a little (1/3 stop) of underexposure, that may give you enough leeway to play with when processing without overexposing the fuselage.

Program Coordinator

Thanks for the tips on the rejects Moose - the reject reasons came as no surprise to me.

I've run Neat Image on both of the Rainier photos but to no avail - I can't seem to clean them up to save my life.

The Pegasus was one of two I threw into the queue and one made it. I agree though, it's completely blown out. I'll try adjusting the exposure in RAW.

Program Coordinator

On the first and third shots, the sky is very noisy. Did you deselect the sky when sharpening? Almost looks like they were dark and you bumped the exposure too much.
    You nailed it right on the head. And yes, I did deselect the sky when I sharpened it up. Like I said though, it doesn't seem to matter what I do. I ran neat image; I've selected out the sky, layered it and Gaussian blurred/despeckled/normal blur/noise reduction you name it; I've blur out some of the grain on the a/c itself and been as careful as possible with the sharpening. Those shots, which I like a lot, have been driving me up a wall to edit.

Program Coordinator

Accepted on a.net, rejected on jp.net. Jp.net is right though...
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2382932

Program Coordinator

Can someone help me with this please....
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2388998

Dark/Underexposed? last time I submitted this shot it was overexposed
    Categories missing? I selected Military - is cargo missing on this - I'm not too sure?
    Bad Info: Registration - came directly from the USMC search engine that Moose provided - that one beats me a little - last time I submitted it, I didn't get the registration bad info.

Ideas?
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence
    Can someone help me with this please....
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2388998

Dark/Underexposed? last time I submitted this shot it was overexposed
    Categories missing? I selected Military - is cargo missing on this - I'm not too sure?
    Bad Info: Registration - came directly from the USMC search engine that Moose provided - that one beats me a little - last time I submitted it, I didn't get the registration bad info.

Ideas?
    Regarding overexposed/underexposed: I think you are a victim of relatively high sun angle combined with a high wing aircraft. The parts that have the sun glare are over exposed and the parts under the wing are under exposed. Not much that you can do about that :-(