Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1369

Thread: Post Your Recent REJECTIONS!

And yet, a picture of an airplane shadow on the ground is accepted. That's why I rarely upload anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    And yet, a picture of an airplane shadow on the ground is accepted. That's why I rarely upload anymore.
    Oh Moose you must show me that ... I hope it has an airport in it or else I have a few to argue about myself
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Oh Moose you must show me that ... I hope it has an airport in it or else I have a few to argue about myself
    i've seen that shot too
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

REJECTION: Level
    "Needs CW"

APPEAL REJECTION: Level
    "Does need slight cw rotation, around 0,2 or 0,3 degrees"

I purposely put the first long line slightly off the edge of the building, as the 1px width would cover the edge, making it harder to see. You tell me...does this seem like a website where screeners find reasons to ACCEPT photos rather than reject them, as one crewmember put it? I wrote in the appeal that the building edges were parallel to the photo edges (very easy to tell in my hi-res), yet it's been determined in my 1200px that it's 2 tenths of 1 degree off?

Last edited by Cary; 2012-04-22 at 07:31 PM.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Ok so this one I don't see it's problem:
    - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    - Undersharpened (Soft)
    - Too much noise or grain

Quote Originally Posted by Kris V View Post
    Ok so this one I don't see it's problem:
    - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    - Undersharpened (Soft)
    - Too much noise or grain
    It's a little high in the frame. It does seem to have a little too much grain,but I bet both of these can be fixed. Sharpness seems okay,but that's one thing I seem to have the biggest problem with.

Doug

Cary, do you have a version without the lines? It could be perceptual ...

Kris, all counts are accurate in my opinion. Easily fixed if you have a high res version :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Program Coordinator
    Cary, there's a simple solution: stop caring. :-). A site that is that bent on rejecting photos probably isn't worth the time spent on it :)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by jerslice View Post
    Cary, there's a simple solution: stop caring. :-). A site that is that bent on rejecting photos probably isn't worth the time spent on it :)
    Unfortunately there isn't a site that even comes close to the exposure so the revolving wheel will just continue. Constantly complaining yet constantly uploading.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Program Coordinator
    Unfortunately there isn't a site that even comes close to the exposure so the revolving wheel will just continue. Constantly complaining yet constantly uploading.
    Pretty much. It's slowly changing though as other sites pick up more and more of the share of traffic. Top shots on the front page used to knock in way way more than they do now. The wheels are turning, but very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Cary, do you have a version without the lines? It could be perceptual ...

Kris, all counts are accurate in my opinion. Easily fixed if you have a high res version :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by nssd70 View Post
    It's a little high in the frame. It does seem to have a little too much grain,but I bet both of these can be fixed. Sharpness seems okay,but that's one thing I seem to have the biggest problem with.

Doug
    I think I have fixed it now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    All that exposure has ever gotten me was plenty of requests for free pictures. I think I've uploaded two pictures in the past year. I really don't care any more.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Pretty much. It's slowly changing though as other sites pick up more and more of the share of traffic. Top shots on the front page used to knock in way way more than they do now. The wheels are turning, but very slowly.
    Not sure what sites you are talking about but that wheel is turning very slowly.

http://www.alexa.com/search?q=airlin...einfo&p=bigtop
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    All that exposure has ever gotten me was plenty of requests for free pictures. I think I've uploaded two pictures in the past year. I really don't care any more.
    same here. airliners & jetphotos are the last places I will post to these days.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

The Top shots on A.net isn't indicative of the site traffic (although I'm convinced Demand Media thinks it is). It's only indicative of how many shots A.net promoted on their FB and Twitter pages, and how quickly they were promoted after being added. So, the days you see 20,000+ views in the Top 5, it's usually because a photo was promoted within a few hours of being accepted. They quickly get about 1k views per hour, and hog up a place in the Top 5 for the rest of their first 24 hours. On days where the Top 5 is much lower, it's because they haven't promoted newly added photos (but the number of photos that get into the Top 5 is much greater, since they continually cycle through all day long).
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram