Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Recent REJECTIONS!

Re: Post Your Recent REJECTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Cary
    Wow, I'm at 100% rejections with Anet this week.
    Welcome to the club...we've had jackets made.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Hahaha...I'd like to order 7 jackets please :D I completely don't understand the "motive" one on the JetBlue picture...I guess I needed a girl in a bikini in there instead or something :roll:
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Hahaha...I'd like to order 7 jackets please :D I completely don't understand the "motive" one on the JetBlue picture...I guess I needed a girl in a bikini in there instead or something :roll:
    Cary, its likely due to the tug blocking the nose gear. I've had a few shots rejected for similar situations

Quote Originally Posted by njgtr82
    Cary, its likely due to the tug blocking the nose gear. I've had a few shots rejected for similar situations
    Thanks Bill. That's kind of silly considering some of the shots I've seen on there that should have definitely been rejected for motive, but at least now I know.

I just had 10 rejections.... it looks like I need L glass to upload. sorry but I no longer will waste my time with jetphotos. I will now upload to my site only as I am not into working to throw hours of my work in the garbage.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Oy vey...2 more rejections...now from JP.

- Over Processed / Bad postprocessing (I only resized and sharpened)
    - Oversharpen

- Blurry
    - Oversharpen

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    I just had 10 rejections.... it looks like I need L glass to upload. sorry but I no longer will waste my time with jetphotos. I will now upload to my site only as I am not into working to throw hours of my work in the garbage.
    I'm getting to that point with the big blue site. It's a shame, since I've gotten quite a few leads from there over the years. Shockingly, my acceptance rate for published photos (all subject matter) is much higher than my acceptance rate on the 2 aviation websites. And unfortunately, L glass doesn't help me.

Program Coordinator

I'm getting to that point with the big blue site. It's a shame, since I've gotten quite a few leads from there over the years. Shockingly, my acceptance rate for published photos (all subject matter) is much higher than my acceptance rate on the 2 aviation websites. And unfortunately, L glass doesn't help me.
    The Qatar does look like it has a bit of blue-ish tint to me...but I don't understand the DL. I guess I can see where it's a tad bit blurry - but it seems to me to be within their guidelines easily.

I checked out your website too, Cary - nice stuff. I wish I could get published.

Quote Originally Posted by jerslice
    The Qatar does look like it has a bit of blue-ish tint to me...but I don't understand the DL. I guess I can see where it's a tad bit blurry - but it seems to me to be within their guidelines easily.

I checked out your website too, Cary - nice stuff. I wish I could get published.
    Yes, I agree the Qatar looks a little cold, but I used Daylight WB and exposed based on the gray. I guess I can try to change the temperature a little, but I think "color cast" might have been more appropriate than "Over Processed / Bad postprocessing" since I didn't alter the color/WB/exposure at all.

Funny thing about the DL...it looked a little blurry when I checked on my Dell 19" 8-bit Ultrasharp LCD, but looks a lot sharper on both of my Dell 20" 8-bit Ultrasharp LCDs. The resolution on the LCDs are different (1600 vs. 1280), but I was surprised by how bad it looked on the 19 inch. Maybe that was part of the problem.

Thanks!

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2367726

Heat distortion seems to really becoming a very hot (no pun intended) topic - I'm looking at the aircraft and maybe it's my eyes but I don't see a lot - I'm also a little confused with the "Obstructing Objects / foreground clutter"? Is that the little pylon??
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence

Heat distortion seems to really becoming a very hot (no pun intended) topic - I'm looking at the aircraft and maybe it's my eyes but I don't see a lot - I'm also a little confused with the "Obstructing Objects / foreground clutter"? Is that the little pylon??
    I would definitely appeal that one Mark, maybe a little heat haze on the bottom of the fuselage right in front of the wing but its very, very minimal. I definitely don't see the blurry part and the Obstructing object/foreground clutter is bs.

I agree with Bill on that one. The only thing I see are some minor jaggies along the black stripe outline around the wing root. I sure don't see any foreground clutter or anything obstructing the aircraft.

Thanks Bill - I've appealed it - let's see what happens.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Program Coordinator

Heat distortion seems to really becoming a very hot (no pun intended) topic - I'm looking at the aircraft and maybe it's my eyes but I don't see a lot - I'm also a little confused with the "Obstructing Objects / foreground clutter"? Is that the little pylon?
    Hope you win it, I had to really look to find evidence of heat haze there, it isn't blurry, and there isn't any clutter that I would consider so anyways. Did you write back and ask why it was rejected more specifically? Maybe half the time they'll give you a pretty detailed answer.

I did get a reply - they think there is part of the fence in the shot - I did shoot it through a fence - but I don't see a fence strand - that's ok - I'll go back and select another one - rare being a the Hyundai corporate jet....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL