Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A380 images thread please post your shots here (3/19)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_NY
    Kingfisher is also an Indian beer, I wonder if they are related?
    I was just about to post the same thing, so I looked it up. United Breweries Group, whose main brand is Kingfisher Beer, does indeed own Kingfisher Airlines, which they launched just two years ago. UB is the largest brewery in India and the second largest in the world behind Anheuser Busch. They seem to be building quite a brand, with one in three beers sold in India being Kingfishers, and Kingfisher Airlines being the first in India to offer IFE. The Kingfisher being a type of bird certainly lends itself to a name for an airline...not sure Budweiser Air would be so successful. :shock:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I was in T1 during the conference in the food court...I didn't run into anyone I knew from here or A.net but did talk to a few random people...Was anyone here up in the food court for that conference?

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    that's the national guard, and they are posted in the airports and train terminals to assist with security. they're there every day.
    I was with Mir from A.net and he took the AirTrain to JFK with the guardsmen who were in T1...He said he heard them speaking Spanish to each other and we joked that ANCflyer and/or Lou Dobbs would have had a coronary :)

Quote Originally Posted by RJpieces
    I was in T1 during the conference in the food court...I didn't run into anyone I knew from here or A.net but did talk to a few random people...Was anyone here up in the food court for that conference?
    We were at the PA press event in the food court before the Lufthansa one began. Where were you?

Re Tahiti Nui, he was also at the T4 hardstand on Sunday night, is their some tech issue or is that a normal parking place for them?

Re Kingfisher, it's pretty good beer, many Indian restaurants in the NYC area have it on the menu and I order it on occasion, not just to support aviation in India but because the taste goes quite nicely with curries and such.

Great pix everyone!!! Thanks!

WOW,once again ,I am floored by you gents,awesome shots, I will have to wait for LH,and AF to start service to JFK to catch that beauty. Was in EWR ,monday,but unfortunately had to non-rev home for my day job,and couldn't catch the white whale over the old sod.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Hi guys,

I am back in Germany now and started to edit my pics, here is the first one of the A380 with a couple of you guys standing in front !

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=602055

greets to all I met this day, the event itseld and the nice sunshine was a great way to end my NYC visit, I'll post more EWR,LGA and EWR shots oin the next days,

greets from Germany

Tamon

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47
    WOW,once again ,I am floored by you gents,awesome shots....
    How about the ladies? :( haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tamon
    Hi guys,

I am back in Germany now and started to edit my pics, here is the first one of the A380 with a couple of you guys standing in front !

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=602055

greets to all I met this day, the event itseld and the nice sunshine was a great way to end my NYC visit, I'll post more EWR,LGA and EWR shots oin the next days,

greets from Germany

Tamon
    I like that shot, Tamon, that's a nice catch with all the spotters out front. It was nice to meet you Monday, even if I did desert the group at North Woodmere. Hope to see you again if you make it back to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    We were at the PA press event in the food court before the Lufthansa one began. Where were you?
    I was in front of that...restaurant/takeout place in the middle of the food court...If you were facing the podium as the people were speaking, I was to the left.

Btw, did anybody else notice the Aeroflot 767 at T1 at that time...It was departing to Washington...Anyone why that was?

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47
    WOW,once again ,I am floored by you gents,awesome shots....
    How about the ladies? :( haha
    Mel, Im sure it was an honest mistake :shock: hahah
    Jordan Greene. - Happy Jetting

Hi all

Nice images of the A380. Weather looked great.

Cheers

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by RJpieces
    I was in front of that...restaurant/takeout place in the middle of the food court...If you were facing the podium as the people were speaking, I was to the left.

Btw, did anybody else notice the Aeroflot 767 at T1 at that time...It was departing to Washington...Anyone why that was?
    Aeroflot has a morning flight that flies SVO-IAD-JFK-IAD-SVO.

Sweet pics! I am going to JFK on the 22nd and is it going to be in the UAL hanger or should it be out in the open?
    "lol retart"

Newbie spotter from Florida

Hi everyone, Greetings from a newbie spotter from Florida. A huge thanks to Phil for giving me leads on figuring out a spotting site. It was interesting because I was in NY without a car, relying on the metro and the bus, so the night before I had planned contingency routes in case the airport switched runway on me. Initially the runway arrival was 31L and while I was on Q60 trying to get to Costco, it changed to 22L. So I got off on Farmer Blvd and walked several blocks on 147 Ave, took the Q113 to 230 Ave and went to the soccer mound.

The soccer mound is now one of my favorite spotting place. Next time I go to NYC again I will definitely visit that spot. Probably at different time of the day though...as unfortunately the sun was shining against the A380...on the wrong side.

I apologize for the quality of the image but I do not have a DSLR...and I am fairly new to photography (started planespotting in November of 2006 when I purchased my first camera, Panasonic FZ50).

Thanks again Phil...you've definitely given the newbie spotter an opportunity of a lifetime. :D

Taken from the soccer mound:

Welcome to NYCA. You got some nice shots, and you found the world-famous Mounds! You are right, that spot is really much better in the afternoon, it is backlit earlier in the day. Hope to see you around NY soon, and looking forward to some shots from down in Florida.