Thread: Possible Iranian 747 This Week

Possible Iranian 747 This Week

evening lads & ladies,

word i have been hearing is that an Iran Air 747 could be at New York some time in the next week, the Iranian president could be headed over to address the UN.

i'll let you guys know if it happens...i'm sure a few of you would be interested in this bird.

Yes, I saw this on Drudge Report yesterday and forgot to post it. Rumor is Ahmadinejad is going to fly to JFK and head to the UN with a small entourage, while 25 other staffers remain on the parked plane so as to not require visas.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

VIP week 2005 he flew in on the Iran Air 747SP. Last september he was more than likely on the Joradian 340 VIP. (When he was in NYC) I hope they bring that 707 instead. When ever they show his "arrival" into a city in the news he always has that nice 707 behind him while he is deplaning.
    Senga

UN Security Council is meeting on Saturday. Latest word is Ahmadinejad will be arriving at JFK late tomorrow or early Saturday and will probably depart Saturday afternoon/evening.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Just saw this pop up.
    The United States has not yet issued a visa for Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his delegation to attend the voting session of the United Nations Security Council in New York, the foreign ministry in Tehran said Friday.
    http://www.playfuls.com/news_10_20518-U ... nd-UN.html
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Interesting, the State Department has already said that they would issue him a visa as they have in the past because UN rules require that they do.

CNN just reported that the visas for Ahmedinejad's air crew didn't get processed in time, so he's sending a representative on a commercial flight. Nothing good to spot here unfortunately, he isn't coming himself(unless he wants to walk in from Mexico like everyone else)...

That's awesome. I wonder if that was the plan all along or a result of their abduction of the British sailors today. Too bad about not getting to see the plane, but that's trivial compared to what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Nothing good to spot here unfortunately, he isn't coming himself(unless he wants to walk in from Mexico like everyone else)...
    Not sure that was called for, IMHO. :|
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

I thought it was pretty funny.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by Winglets747
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Nothing good to spot here unfortunately, he isn't coming himself(unless he wants to walk in from Mexico like everyone else)...
    Not sure that was called for, IMHO. :|
    I don't think there was any intention to offend anyone; just a wry comment.

But yes, too bad there is nothing for us to see.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Yes, my point was to observe from this that the enforcement of our immigration laws is highly selective, and often politically motivated.