Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JFK March 19 (A380)

I'm sorry to hear that Justin. I was looking forward to meeting you both since it hasn't happened down here in FL.

Senga

That sucks.....I hope my loads don't start to mess me up too.

-Rich

Welp I got into NCY with no problem infact I arrived 15 mins earlier MCO-LGA.

Senga

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Your lucky Art is stuck in MIA till Tuesday I think. This wx was terrible. I told him to rent a car to get up here for the 380 not sure what he is doing.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I was hoping to meet up with you guys and get to know one another but unfortunately I have an EMT class to be at. Stinks but it's for a good cause.
    "lol retart"

Just an FYI Jetphotos.net will be accepting the A380s arrival into JFK as a "Hot" photo. You can upload your shots of her within the first 48 hours as "HOT" photo. Just be sure the shot meets the sites standards, a backlit, blurry, poorly edited shot will be rejected. Also as an FYI A.net will NOT be accepting the A380 as a "Priority." We're looking forward to seeing some great pics on Jetphotos.net

Do we know the time that the A380 is going to come in? OR an estimate?
    "lol retart"

noonish
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

wow. I can possible make it.
    "lol retart"

Someone on A.net speculated that it will be landing on 22L/4R as that is the only runway that has been widened to 60M so far...Can anyone confirm this?

If so, it will make our lives a tad easier in that we'll know where to plant ourselves!

Hey everyone. I'm a magazine journalist covering the spotting angle of the A380 arrival. I was out with Moose135 today getting the lay of the land, and I plan to be there tomorrow-- whichever spot that may be.

I'm sure I'll find some of you there, but PM me if you'd be willing to exchange cell numbers. See you in the morning!

- Andrew

Hi all,

just wondering if today's configuration of the three airports is usual and if we can expect a similar config tomorrow ?

EWR had RWY22L/R in use all day
    JFK had RWY31R for landing, RWY31L for dep, then changed to 22 R/L and 31L (arr)
    LGA had 31 takeoff, 22 landing, then changed to only RWY31 operation

so maybe RWY22 R/L in use for JFK tomorrow ?

I hope to see some of you in JFK !

greets

Tamon

I'm thinking of getting an early (maybe a REALLY early) start to the day tomorrow, and make it a full day of spotting. Obviously, this would mean I'd be away from my computer (and this forum) for a couple of hours before the "event". Is there anyone who lives nearby (or isn't going out until near the appointed hour) who'd be willing to take my cell phone number and give me a call if any important information gets posted beforehand?
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Well folks I wish you all good spotting tomorrow. I will be unable to make it, as I am sick as a dog. I want to see some prime phots tomorrow posted here. Good luck and good weather. I was really looking forward to those clams afterwards. :x
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

I'm thinking the same about getting an early start on Monday. I'm thinking about Howard Beach early in the AM then heading to the 22 or 31 areas. I'll check the thread in the AM before I leave to see if anyone else is going to head that way. Should be a fun day tomorrow!