Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have to ask, this is just weird. Mel, thoughts?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

So I have to ask, this is just weird. Mel, thoughts?

I'm just going to go out and say it. I don't understand Myspace.
    I'm an not familiar with the site but understand its popularity. (read: I'm getting to old for this **** 8) )

Anyway, I was at the hospital last night talking to a friend. He says he was messing around on myspace a week ago and fell upon the profile of a girl that looked familiar to him.

He clicked on the photo and realized he knew her from somewhere but couldn't recall where. He looked at her pics and lo and behold, there's a pic of ME with this girl! :shock: It was actually a pretty wild blast from the past.

Turns out we used to be good friends in fact. At last contact, she was even coming to our wedding ( few years ago). Then, a day before the wedding, we get a call that she might not come. And then she completely does not show up at the wedding. After the honeymoon, I made a few attempts to get in touch but she didn't respond.

Now I hear that I'm on her myspace webpage. Is that just too weird?? Really, it's just weird that someone drops contact with you yet decides to place you on their myspace page, doesnt it?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Why are you asking for MY advice? Is it because you are mistaking me for a loony indecisive woman or a myspace expert? ;)

(Fine fine, I'll admit I'm one of those things....but only because I've been on the damn site since it started)

Finding someone on MySpace....not really weird.

Finding someone that you haven't spoken to in years who put a pic of you on his/her page....****ing weird.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

sounds creepy to me Mario. Be careful.

Might be weird, but on the other hand she might like the photo or how she looks in the photo. On facebook, people who I can't stand or haven't kept up with in a long time tagged me in a photo or two.

Don't call a private investigator just yet. Wait for the random messages and requests for locks of hair
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Mel, you are the myspace expect and also one of the few females here who can give advice :) Thoughts?

sounds creepy to me Mario. Be careful.

Finding someone that you haven't spoken to in years who put a pic of you on his/her page....****ing weird.

Yeah, I know!! Thank you!!! I thought so. Dude, you would have met her at my wedding. That is how long ago we last spoke.

but on the other hand she might like the photo or how she looks in the photo

RDU-JFK, I was thinking the same thing, but....here's the problem: In another pic on her page, she cropped out the face of other people. Yet in the pic with me in it, she could have easily cropped me out. So seeing that, I really thought it was weird.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me who thought it was weird.

I'm thinking unclaimed baggage.
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Eh, it's a big internet out there. Seems like a coincidence to me.

Mario,

You also need to consider the fact that you're dead sexy and an icon of Long Island. Her posting that photo is the same as someone posting a photo of themselves alongside Madonna, Bruce Springstein or Levar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy 28
    Eh, it's a big internet out there. Seems like a coincidence to me.
    I'm game for that explanation. However, given the history provided, describe how it's coincidence?

You also need to consider the fact that you're dead sexy and an icon of Long Island. Her posting that photo is the same as someone posting a photo of themselves alongside Madonna, Bruce Springstein or Levar Burton.

Ah, yes, that explains it ;)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Sounds weird. One would ask why she didn't contact you after the wedding to explain and wish you well. Your call Mario, maybe you can make an attempt to contact her. You know her better than anyone here. If she isn't whacky what harm can it do. If she is whacky you can be flattered and move on.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

IF you're askign for advice, mine would be to leave it be completely. She's kinda cut you off since the wedding and you have nothing to gain by trying ot contacting her except for the risk of creating some kind of awkward drama.

Well it's certainly a bit odd and I'm just just glad I wasn't the only person to think it.

Just scary to think where your business can end up :shock:

Funny though seeing that old Halloween photo. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    IF you're askign for advice, mine would be to leave it be completely. She's kinda cut you off since the wedding and you have nothing to gain by trying ot contacting her except for the risk of creating some kind of awkward drama.
    LOL... I agree with Phil there.

I also agree she probably just put it up there because theres an anonymity to many people seeing these images - she probably just though she (or you Mario) or both of you looked good in that image, so she put it up. Its no big deal. You were friends at the time.

Not that I would know anything about MySpace.....

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Funny though seeing that old Halloween photo. LOL
    So how about a link already :D

Thanks all. I''ll rest thinking it was innocent enough.

But I guess you'd have to be in my shoes to understand my initial discomfort. Having never played on myspace and then having someone tell you that your photo is on it is weird enough. Factor in that it's Julia Roberts, from "My Best Friend's Wedding" and its too weird. But funny and benign and a great way to end my week.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    So how about a link already :D
    Are you crazy, Moose? The site budget is tight and doesn't cover jizzmoppers :shock: :shock: (great Clerks reference).