Thread: Bill Maher Sorry Cheney Assasination Attempt Failed

Bill Maher Sorry Cheney Assasination Attempt Failed

On his "Real Time" show on HBO Friday night, Bill Maher expressed the opinion that the world would be a better place today if the bomber who tried to kill the Vice President of the United States last week had succeeded. While discussing comments about the failed attempt which appeared on the liberal "Huffington Post" blog with right-leaning MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, U.S. Senator Barney Frank, and Huffington Post contributor John Ridley, the following exchange occurred:

NewsBusters.org:
    Ridley: It’s one thing to say you hate Dick Cheney, which applies to his politics. It’s another thing to say, “I’m sorry he didn’t die in an explosion." And I think, you know…

Maher: But you should be able to say it. And by the way...

Frank: Excuse me, Bill, but can I ask you a question? Do you decide what the topics are for this show?

Maher: Yeah, I decide the topics, they don’t go there.

Frank: But you exercise control over the show the way that she does over her blog.

Maher: But I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow. (applause)

Scarborough: If someone on this panel said that they wished that Dick Cheney had been blown up, and you didn’t say…

Frank: I think he did.

Scarborough: Okay. Did you say…

Maher: No, no. I quoted that.

Frank: You don’t believe that?

Maher: I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.
    I knew it was only a matter of time until a well-known liberal said something like this. I'm actually a little surprised it took this long.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

F*cking moron should be laied out.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

You know, I'm ready to cancel my cable package that includes HBO. This Bill Maher is one of the biggest D*@$S that I've ever seen. While I understand that both left and right have their opinions and fan clubs, this guy is a real dumbass.
    During the 90's when the first Clinton was in the White House, I couldn't stand them but I never wished them ill. I just wanted them to get the hell out. These liberals are unreal in this day and age. They're just pissed off that our President said he was going to kick ass and he IS kicking ass.
    Unreal.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    who was this guy trying to impress with his comments? anybody planning on taknig the life of anybody else is flat out wrong, regardless of who it is and why they want them dead.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Cancidas, most people would agree, i'm sure everyone here does, but there are some maniacs, both on the right and left, that would disagree. These people are dangerous, and I would put Bill Maher on that list.
    nwa FOREVER!