Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Beach Airshow 2007

The Intrepid isn't there so I don't know if they will be doing Fleet Week,(up and down the Hudson over the harbor).
    "lol retart"

Here's a tentative schedule for the T-birds week in NY. Things of course could change by the time the show rolls around, depending on weather and such.

Tueday - Tbirds photo flight over NYC (arrival from Andrews AFB)
    Weds - Tbirds off
    Thurs - Tbirds practice TWICE
    Fri - Tbirds off / air show practice
    Sat / Sun - Normal ops
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Might be my only chance to see the 117 fly. They're being retired as we speak.

Yes Nick the F-117 has been added for both days now as well!!

I have been away, I'll edit my first post.
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Are the Thunderbirds out of JFK again this year? It wouldbe great if they used FRG like the Blues, the access is soo much better. Getting right up to the fence with the kids is such a great experience. Thanks for any info.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesbeach
    Are the Thunderbirds out of JFK again this year? It wouldbe great if they used FRG like the Blues, the access is soo much better. Getting right up to the fence with the kids is such a great experience. Thanks for any info.
    Heard from a couple of sources that they will be out of JFK :(

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesbeach

Steve
    the air force doesn't like short rrunways. in SNS, we're about 500 ft too short and they won't land any fast-mover there. the navy doesn't care, they'll land whatever wherever. i doubt the AF will be out of FRG, but the navy might.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Guys,

Check it out, Question #13:

http://www.jonesbeachairshow.com/faqs.html#question13

Is it just pilots with no planes?

The T-birds WILL be based out of FRG. They really wanted to get them out of JFK to allow for more public access. Since Republic's longest runway falls just short of the T-birds minimum requirements, they made a special exception this time, provided they put aresting cables up as a safety precaution. However, the two B-1's will be based out of JFK. That is the only act so far to not be based at FRG, with the exeption of the 106th ANG.

So the pilots, and the planes, will be at farmingdale.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Millville is usually not that good.

It's a civilian show so you don't get the variety you would get at somewhere like McGuire or Andrews.

I'd love to see an airshow along the lines of RIAT in the UK. There you get military stuff from throughout Europe and some US and Russian stuff.

The B-1's and the F-117(staging from Millville) will be doing flyovers at both the Jones Beach show and the Millville show that same weekend.
    Scott Snorteland

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by GrummanFan
    The T-birds WILL be based out of FRG. They really wanted to get them out of JFK to allow for more public access. Since Republic's longest runway falls just short of the T-birds minimum requirements, they made a special exception this time, provided they put aresting cables up as a safety precaution. However, the two B-1's will be based out of JFK. That is the only act so far to not be based at FRG, with the exeption of the 106th ANG.

well, the 160th already has a home nearby. as far as the b-1s are concerned, could they even make it out of FRG?

the arrester cables, are they permanent fixtures or are they removable? would the USAF pay for equipment like that to be installed just for a single airshow a year?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

The Noise of the B-1's alone would keep them out of FRG. There is no way they would be able to stage out of FRG. They would need full burner, more runway and even if they did they would melt your cars not to mention those at the end of the runway. lol They are staging out of JFK due to the runways and because they will be doing a flyover both days in Millville NJ. There is also no room for the Bones at FRG with all the other acts.
    Scott Snorteland

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTYDEMCO
    ...and even if they did they would melt your cars...
    I wouldn't have a problem with that :D

And I can only assume the arrester cables would be temporary, I don't see any reason for a permanent installation.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

I've been hearing some talk about the possibility that the 106th will be deployed in Iraq at the time of the show, in which case they are trying to get other aircraft from other bases to help fill in thier ANG flyby. Anyone else hear anything about this, or know anyone from the 106th that might be able to elaborate?
    dfalk.smugmug.com