Thread: ..and four from Sky Manor Saturday

..and four from Sky Manor Saturday

Same 'ol stuff. A bit windy, but it according to my scanner WX, visibility was unlimited. Yet in my hour I spent there, I only saw one Cherokee take off. I got a cheeseburger and a Coke and sat at the picnic table and read "Controller", which is a free publication of aircraft for sale. $200,000 for a brand new C182. Ridiculous. ::)

Anyway, I just enjoyed the semi-mild weather we had. It got up to 49° with pleanty of sun. Here's four I took.

The boring Cherokee

And the boring (to me at least) Be-103's

-James

Re: ..and four from Sky Manor Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy 28
    Same 'ol stuff. A bit windy, but it according to my scanner WX, visibility was unlimited. Yet in my hour I spent there, I only saw one Cherokee take off.
    Sometimes that's just the way it is with GA. A couple of months ago, I was down visiting my parents and headed over to N87, hoping that since it was a nice day there'd be a bit of activity. I spent about an hour, and only saw one takeoff and one landing before I called it a a day.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Be-103s aren't boring to me...I don't think I've ever seen one. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

go to SMQ (somerset),and watch everything from champs,to,t-6s, wacos,and even a spartan executive cavort on a nice day.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!