Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gore Mansion Uses 20x More Electricity than Average US Home

No, he wouldn't have to change parties, not all liberals are hypocrites. I'm not that closed-minded. ;) I'm actually good friends with several liberals, actually, quite a few far leftists, but at least they stand by what they say, and act upon it.

Phil, do you honestly think a security system takes up 20x more power than the average home? If it does, that must be a really power hungry system!

Al Gore goes around preaching about a smaller carbon footprint, yeah, three huge homes is a real small footprint Mr. Gore, so the "well he has a large home" argument isn't valid, it just shows his further hypocrisy!

That reply 13 in A.net is misleading, they claim he uses green power, no, he INVESTS in a green power company (as it states in his quote), but none of his homes are powered via green fuels, even though they ARE available for a few extra pennies on the dollar.
    nwa FOREVER!

Has anyone pointed out that Al Gore does not live in the average middle class style house? He lives in a god dam mansion! A mansion is going to use allot more energy then a three bedroom ranch. How about making a fair comparison and compare his house to a similar house and then lets talk.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Has anyone pointed out that Al Gore does not live in the average middle class style house?
    Yes, we did mention that several times. Thanks for reading. :-p *ducks*
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

[quote=Phil D.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "T-Bird76":5e437
    Has anyone pointed out that Al Gore does not live in the average middle class style house?
    Yes, we did mention that several times. Thanks for reading. :-p *ducks*[/quote:5e437]

And you people still waste energy by arguing this topic, lol

The latest: the electric company says it never gave out any info about Gore's electrical use to the group that issued the press release scolding him. A spokeswoman for Gore said Al buys enough credits for renewable energy sources that balance 100% of his electricity costs.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Wup! Didn't see that coming! :roll:

Al Gore buys "carbon offsets" to compensate for his home's use of energy from carbon-based fuels. But how does Gore buy his offsets? Apparently through Generation Investment Management, which Gore helped found. Gore is chairman of the firm and probably draws a substantial income, or will, as its investments prosper. In other words, he buys his offsets from HIMSELF through a transaction designed to boost HIS own investments and return a profit to himself. Meanwhile, he runs around trumpeting a climate crisis and blaming it all on mankind... or at least American mankind. His efforts have climate change at the top of the national and even global agenda, driving up the value of stocks for companies viewed as green. Companies like his own investment management firm.
    Ol' Al is laughing all the way to the bank
    nwa FOREVER!

I guess it doesn't matter so much if he pays for the offsets or not, so long as he is indeed offsetting his usage. Still, I think the global warming thing is a global conspiracy to tax the life out of the industrialized world, and he's the kingpin. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Hes offsetting it by putting money in his own pocket... That doesn't accomplish much does it?

The whole "offsetting" thing is a hoax to get money to further spread the belief of global warming. They just give it to enviornmental groups (and Al's pocket), that doesn't lessen his impact of the enviornment, it doesn't even make up for it!
    nwa FOREVER!