Thread: Spotting on Saturday 2/24

Spotting on Saturday 2/24

Before I leave for Arizona this Saturday evening, I'm planning to do some shooting (probably JFK, unless 04 is in use for arrivals at LGA, in which case I'll be at Planeview) in the morning since the weather looks like it will be sunny. I'll probably be out around 7-8am and will stay out until around noon-1pm.

Also, a few guys from San Juan, PR (including a.net photog Carlos Aleman) will be in town on Saturday.

Hope to see you out there on Saturday morning.

Josh

Thinking about heading out Saturday morning to either JFK or LGA depending on the runway configs since it's been warmer the last few days. I guess we'll have to see how warm it is on Saturday...
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

If the weather looks good, I might head out that way; I might have to head out to LI anyway that day, and if I do I might do some spotting in the morning, otherwise I might head over later in the day.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Ok, it looks like I will be going out to the island in the afternoon, so I can make a morning out of spotting. The forecast looks good (a bit windy), with NW winds which, if I'm not mistaken, suggests the 31s are likely to be in use. Can you keep me in the loop for the specifics of where? I have a habit of going out and then not running into anyone else, and it would nice to meet some other people. (I can give my cell number, if that'd help.)
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

I'll likely to be out, at least for the morning. I'm excited since last weekend didn't work out! I'm making a comeback. :)

I was hoping to get to LGA but I now have a commitment in the morning.
    I -may- get out for JFK in the afternoon, but I have to see how the morning gig goes.

Hi Guys,

I would love to come but I would need a ride. Any volunteers to pick me up from JetBlue's terminal and drop me off in the evening? :D

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

It looks like I'll be unable to get out for some spotting tomorrow morning before my flight out to Arizona. Besides, if tomorrow morning is anywhere near as cold as it is right now (by us it is 21 degrees, with high winds), I'd rather spend the morning sleeping. :)

Josh

If anybody is still reading this thread and not out spotting, what spot do you think y'all will be at this afternoon at JFK? Definitely considering heading out before the European arrivals rush.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Only Crazy people go spotting in this arctic blast.

So if you are out there, be sure to bring Tom a hot chocolate!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

LOL I hear ya Mario. That's the reason I haven't been out since December, but I've got the spotting bug this weekend. Plus I've got this shiny new photobucket account and I've gotta start filling it up!

Me and Josh are gonna be at Howard beach around 4 or so, maybe a little earlier.

We were only out for a little bit - I only shot maybe 6 heavies and the wind was so bad that many were turning too early anyway (let alone the gusts that were throwing my lens around!). So far, out of the miniscule batch (67 photos!) I've only felt that this one was worth editing.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Sat was great, after shooting the Thai depature I met Tommy and we proceeded to totally screw up Habitat (All together now. DICKKKKKKKKKKKKKK) but headed to LGA and we were rewarded with this out of the blue.

Friday turned out to be great too, the white Maxjet finally made an appearence and myself and Jakub were in position.

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol