Thread: I wish the merger went through after last nights trip!

I wish the merger went through after last nights trip!

The last trip to MCO was quite an event for me. I was on the 0600 to DCA monday and than on an a321 to MCO at least that was the plan but the FMC went cokoo on it so they took a long delay and me and Alexa would not have seats togetherso we jumped on an A-319 down to MCO and got in about the same time as the 321 did. We rented a Dodge Crossfire and off we went to Disney to meet up with a buddy. We got there and I was feeling pretty good considering the day before I left work with severe headaches nausia and vomit. I got outo f the car at Downtown Disney and here we go again. I nearly blacked out on the spot. I spent a little while in the car resting till it went away and we went into Downtown Disney. Great place by far. It has been years for me. Later that night I had a similar episode and we left to go have dinner. After dinner we went home for the night and relaxxed. The next morning I was watching the weather intently as we left for MGM. We spent the morning at MGM and than I had to go back to the airport as I needed to get out that day for work today. I got to MCO checked in and all was looking good. Suddenly everything fell apart. DCA, PIT, PHL and the other PIT canceled within twenty minutes of each other. I was taking the DCA run myself. I grabbed a computer and began the hunt for flights. I wanted LGA but JFK or EWR at that point would work for me. The agent for the DCA flight came over and asked me at that point if I wanted to jumpseat on a 737-400 that was going to repo to PBI to make another leg up because the PBI -LGA was still going to go. I decided to go for this at which point Idle called me and told me the DL MCO-LGA was looking good. After kicking it around a little I elected that I would go for the Delta or JetBlue flights to get home. As soon as I mnade that move LGA and the earlier JFK canceled though. OUCH! I hustled over to JetBlue and gave them a shot. Their agents were the nastiest agents I have ever met and people say NY airports are bad. Alas my final option is Delta 1226 a 737-800 to JFK so I relented and dropped the 50 dollars to fly them first class. Shortly after Justin met me over by the Comair ramp for a few minutes at which point I had another episode though not as bad I really would have like to find a bed at that moment. I kept watching the FID all night as the departure grew closer and sure enough I made it. We took off out of MCO at 20:36 with me in 1A on a gorgeous 737-800. I am purely amazed at the quality of service etc that Delta provides not to mention that unfortuneately their domestic first product is probably nearing the quality of my airlines international service. I really enjoyed the flight. Mile High Mojitos all the way to NY and a great light show through the flight down below. I was seated next to a Comair F/O fresh out of the Navy on E2's also which made it more enjoyable. We landed on time at JFK and I was home in bed by midnight. What a trip it was. Kudos to Delta Airlines! Thanks Justin!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    at least you got home... these kind of trips are annoying as hell but once you start pushing off the gate it's the best feeling in the world!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

OMG HISS.....There's something called paragraphs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    OMG HISS.....There's something called paragraphs!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D

Good report but what would the marger have had to do with this?

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Hiss, after all these near blackouts perhaps you should consider seeing a Doctor !

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Hiss, after all these near blackouts perhaps you should consider seeing a Doctor !

LGA777
    Ditto on that.

You're welcome Ryan. I'm glad I could be of assistance. Now when does this lifetime free travel on US begin that you promised me if I got you home that night? Haha

-Justin
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777

LGA777
    That would be advisable to say the least....
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Good report but what would the marger have had to do with this?

Alex

Freee flying on Delta unlimited .

And the doctor thing, it is in the works.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: I wish the merger went through after last nights trip!

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Mile High Mojitos all the way to NY...
    Like real made-from-scratch mojitos?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

nah like Delta flight attendant made ones.