Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survive This - Jetblue 292

Survive This - Jetblue 292

So, Discovery Channel has a new series, called "Survive This", just caught the end of it (about the last 7 minutes), it was about JetBlue 292.

In my opinion, they over dramatized the situation, they made it seem like they were in grave danger, it is still worth seeing if you can find it on TV.
    nwa FOREVER!

What was JetBlue 292? Care to fill us in more? :(
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

JetBlue 292 was the nose wheel incident at LAX.

From Wikipedia:

JetBlue Airways Flight 292 was a scheduled flight from Bob Hope Airport (BUR) in Burbank, California, to John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), in New York City. On September 21, 2005, flight 292 executed an emergency landing at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), in the United States, after the nose wheels jammed in an abnormal position. No one was injured.
    It has been noted by current and former airline pilots and other experts that, despite the drama and live worldwide coverage, there was actually little real danger to the passengers or crew of Flight 292 [7]. The A320, like all modern airliners, is massively over-engineered for safety, and if necessary can be landed without the nose gear at all.[8]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JetBlue_Airways_Flight_292
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    does B6 still use the flight number?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

yes they do.. and the a/c was back in service 3 days later after that incident

I didn't see the show, but I don't understand what was so horrible about the flight as to fill a whole TV show.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I didn't see the show, but I don't understand what was so horrible about the flight as to fill a whole TV show.
    You know the media Phil, they can make an entire show out of a painful bowel.

Join the club.....good footage of some huge sparks = good ratitngs for the
    footage....Just add lots of bull and you have yourself a good return on
    investment. Typical
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Heres a little taste:

They had a guy on who was on the flight, this is pretty much what he said:

"For the first time in my life, I had to choose how I wanted to die, with my head in the brace position or just sitting regularly"

:roll: :roll:
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Heres a little taste:

"For the first time in my life, I had to choose how I wanted to die, with my head in the brace position or just sitting regularly"

LOL my goodness.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Yeah, when he said that I started laughing so hard!

The whole show made it look like that no matter what, they were going to die.

I wish people would stop worrying about ratings and get the actual story right...
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Heres a little taste:

wow... i've got a few ideas on that topic, they don't involve airplanes though.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

WOW Survive this "touchdown, extended flare for aerodynamic brakeing, touchdown, rattles for 20 seconds, stop, get off plane" Life threatening? Hardly
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Actually, in the first post, NWAfan20 correctly said, the entire show was NOT about the Jb incident, just the last 10 minutes.

I happened to see it too. While the incident was certainly interesting to watch, the guy being interviewed, let's face it, was a complete dork who clearly overacted the part. I mean, his whole interview wasn't genuine, he did it with a smile on his face.

And I think THAT was what made it a story.

What I did like was the explanation given by the FAA official about why the airplane, upon touching down, did not apply reverse thrust or wing spoilers. He actually took the time to explain how nad why the pilot kept the nose up., etc. So it was nice, despite the ridiculous interview with that passenger, to get a real sense of what was going on by an official.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187