Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday, 2/18 spotting *RESCHEDULED to Monday 2/19

Sunday, 2/18 spotting *RESCHEDULED to Monday 2/19

Hey everyone!

Well, due to my busy schedule, it's literally been months on end since I've been spotting at all and I've been going through some pretty bad withdrawal (read: I pass LGA in a cab and have the urge to jump out of the car onto the GCP to go hug the planes). I'm actually free this Sunday and I figured it might be a good opportunity to try and go spotting. Is anyone else planning on it? The weather is looking ok now, but who knows....it's still a bit early.

I'd especially love to make it out to JFK if the 31s are in use and maybe even LGA if they're using 4 or EV31 for arrivals.

Show of hands? :)

I'm thinking of going out this Sunday. I got some of the stuff done I had to get done last night so my weekend is totally open.

I'm probably going to be out on the island again on Sunday, and I'd love to get some spotting in while I'm out there (as long as the weather's good). Keep me in the loop for what's going on! (Spotting is fun, but can be kinda boring alone, and I never seem to run into anyone else when I'm out.)
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

I'm looking at Monday since I have the day off.

Anyone else off on Monday?

I'm departing on a North American 757 that day at about 1030am. Maybe someone can get a shot of me?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    I'm looking at Monday since I have the day off.

Anyone else off on Monday?
    I'm off Monday, but I haven't really found a weather forecast yet so I haven't decided what I'm going to do. I'm thinking of using the day for railfanning, or splitting the day railfanning in the AM and spotting in the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I'm departing on a North American 757 that day at about 1030am. Maybe someone can get a shot of me?
    What, like you're special?

Hello,

I would love to go spotting this weekend. I have not gone in awhile since the weather has been so cold. LGA is more likely for me, since I do not have a car and I agree spotting is more fun when you are with others. All the times I have gone out I have never seen anyone else spotting.

OK, bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    What, like you're special?
    I think he's special!

LOLOLOL :D

Have a great time out there folks. I got a trip out to Chicago to do some stuff sometimes next week, maybe i can do some spotting out there.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

I might head out if the weather is nice. I'd like some 04 arrival action at LGA in the morning...haven't done that in a while.

Sunday might be a go for me. It all depends on the weather. It's cold as hell out!!
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Wow, I'd love to come but don't think I can tear myself away from the little one yet.

So we look forward to the photos!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Looking like clouds and snow now! :( Is anyone off of Monday? I am! I'd brave the forecasted gusty winds for the sun we're supposed to get. Anyone else up for it?!?! (pleeeeeease)

I'm off Monday, and unencumbered, so I might be able to get out that way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Wow, I'd love to come but don't think I can tear myself away from the little one yet.
    You could always bring him along - it's never too early to get them started :D

Sounds like the weather will be lousy on Sunday, which is just as well, I'll be glued to the tube for the Daytona 500.