Thread: JFK to LHR this July

JFK to LHR this July

My stepfather and I are planning a summer trip to London this summer (July 3-8 ).

We checked out some of the flights this past weekend and saw we can fly to LHR on Virgin Atlantic first class, however Virgin doesn't fly on the day/time we want to come back home, but Continental does. Has anyone flown Continental from LHR-->JFK before? If so, how was it?

Thanks,
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

I haven't flown Continental to LHR before, but I do know that they don't fly there from JFK. Perhaps it was EWR that you saw?

I have flown AA to LHR on the 777, and I didn't like having the PTV system under each seat in coach, because it prevented me from really stretching my legs.

As far as I know, Continental only does LGW-EWR - so if it's LHR-JFK, then it's a CO fligt number on a Virgin flight. I've done LGW-EWR on Continental and that was what made me change from Delta to Continental - I was very impressed - great flight - great service.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Re: JFK to LHR this July

Quote Originally Posted by HPNPilot1200
    My stepfather and I are planning a summer trip to London this summer (July 3-8 ).

We checked out some of the flights this past weekend and saw we can fly to LHR on Virgin Atlantic first class, however Virgin doesn't fly on the day/time we want to come back home, but Continental does. Has anyone flown Continental from LHR-->JFK before? If so, how was it?

Thanks,
    The Continental flights is between LGW and EWR. They have done away with First Class and have instead opted for their Business Elite which I can imagine does not compare the slightest bit to Virgin Atlantic's fantastic Upper Class seating.

I was looking on the website of Virgin Atlantic and it looks like you can fly from EWR to LHR and back on Virgin Atlantic on the A340-600 both ways in their Upper Class. I also found flights from JFK to LHR and back to JFK on Virgin Atlantic on page 4.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    If it's *LHR* with a Continental flight number, then you're on Virgin. Continental doesn't have have Heathrow rights, and flies only to Gatwick (and only LGW-EWR in the New York area). The only 4 airlines that can fly USA-LHR are American, United, British, and Virgin.

That makes sense. I don't know why I didn't realize COA doesn't fly into JFK from London.

I think we're going to end up flying back on the 9th instead on Virgin. Thanks for all the help.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

Quote Originally Posted by HPNPilot1200
    That makes sense. I don't know why I didn't realize COA doesn't fly into JFK from London.

I think we're going to end up flying back on the 9th instead on Virgin. Thanks for all the help.
    You can also fly back on the 8th on Virgin to JFK.

However one more day in London couldn't hurt.

With this open skies agreement that everone is trying to work out, I imagine that more airlines will be allowed a USA-LHR route if it passes. (yeah right)
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

JFK-LHR is a pretty quick flight considering it is trans atlantic. In the winter time like now sometimes there are gorgeous views depending on winds aloft and track taken which is a pretty random day to day change sometimes. If you go first on Virgin I am sure it will be a nice flight.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Take lots of photos, looking forward to seeing what upper class is like.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Virgin is FTW, I took them when I went to london.... There upper class is intense.
    Jordan Greene. - Happy Jetting