Thread: What is the chance of seeing this?

What is the chance of seeing this?

I found this shot on the US Airways employee newsletter site

Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

I'd say slim to none. No real reason US needs a 747, even if they started Asian service. I'd think they'd go with 777s or 787s if they chose Boeing. Right now US still has their A350 order on the books.

Doesn't the Airbus financing they received make it unlikely they would order Boeing anytime soon? Although, I've been trying to figure out what they would use for the Asian services, especially if they intended to launch before A350 is in service.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Doesn't the Airbus financing they received make it unlikely they would order Boeing anytime soon? Although, I've been trying to figure out what they would use for the Asian services, especially if they intended to launch before A350 is in service.
    US paid off that loan to Airbus so they are not obligated by any contracts or loans. However its sort of like a "good ole boys" handshake deal. Would US want to basically say "FU" to someone who saved them? The other thought process which is logical would be using the right aircraft for the route, so who knows.

I was browsing the forum, and got to this thread, when I thought, "This is would be the perfect title for an issue that I've been wanting to ask about for a long time.

It is about a plane visitor to EWR. I wasn't sure whether or not to post it, because the News and Visitors forum (I think) is for up to date events. But since this is the perfect title, I'll just ask.

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, but what is the chance of seeing an AN-124 at EWR?

I saw one, took a picture of it, and saw either one or two more of AN-124's at EWR on JP.net.

I'll try to get the picture on as soon as possible.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    US paid off that loan to Airbus so they are not obligated by any contracts or loans. However its sort of like a "good ole boys" handshake deal. Would US want to basically say "FU" to someone who saved them? The other thought process which is logical would be using the right aircraft for the route, so who knows.

we're not saying FU... we're just buying a better airplane. :)
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

America West had a few 747....lol
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

yes the old KLM 200's that they used to Hawaii
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....