Thread: Spotting At Howard Beach

Spotting At Howard Beach

Well, I finally made it to the park in Howard Beach (Lots of broken glass, yeow)! Watching the planes take off from the angles that they were was making me crazy as I was using my 100-300 lens. I'm telling you I'm really thinking of upgrading to a Nikon or Canon so I can use a larger lens! Otherwise, if anyone knows of a 100-400 or 400 Minolta/Konica Minolta lens for sale, let me know!
    Here are a few from the beach spot as well as the park on the other side of the bridge. Nothing spectacular but fun anyway.

My first ANA shots.

I've seen some shots of this 747. I read that it's part of Cathay/Dragon Air Cargo. What a beautiful plane to photograph. Too bad I over exposed it!

This bad-boy flew right over the trees in the park, was great to watch!

Once again only this time underexposed

And finally, I guess I was colder than I thought as I took this shot!

That ANA shot is fantastic! Very sharp and great color, nice job!

Was the light great or what? Nice shots Mike, really good quality.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments! I'm having a lot of fun! It was just great out there today and not as bitter cold. Now I'll make sure to try and get to those spots next week earlier in the day. How are those spots during sunset?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Great shots but that ice tells it all! You are a brave soul to battle that wx! ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Great shots, looks like you did pretty good with that 100-300!

It looks like I got a lucky catch with the ANA 777. I've checked some of the databases in ANet & JPNet and didn't see that aircraft registered anywhere. I went to a Google search and found a few shots of the ship from Matt Cawby and it looks like that's a new ship for ANA a 777-381ER. We'll see if my photo makes the cut with Airfleets.net & JP.net. I'm not sure if it'll make it but we'll soon see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellucciman
    It looks like I got a lucky catch with the ANA 777. I've checked some of the databases in ANet & JPNet and didn't see that aircraft registered anywhere. I went to a Google search and found a few shots of the ship from Matt Cawby and it looks like that's a new ship for ANA a 777-381ER. We'll see if my photo makes the cut with Airfleets.net & JP.net. I'm not sure if it'll make it but we'll soon see.
    778 was delivered to ANA in January so it was for sure a lucky catch!

Back in December I was out at Howard's and caught Emirates latest 777-300ER but the weather was crappy. Luckily Tommy nailed it a couple of days later.

Nice shots, the ANA 773 is one of my favorites! Howard Beach is more welcoming in the warmer months you should come back! One of the best spotting locations is my backyard for 13L arrivals :)

Very nice!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"