Thread: Boeing 737-700 record non-stop delivery flight

Boeing 737-700 record non-stop delivery flight

I won't summarize, the whole article is very interesting.

SkyEurope Airlines, the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, reached another No1 when the 7th brand new Boeing 737-700 Next Generation landed at Bratislava airport on Saturday 27th of January 2007 at 6,53 p.m. after a record-breaking flyover of
    8 382 km without any fuel stop. Under the control of captain Peter Pelec the new addition into SkyEurope’s fleet jumped over the distance between American Seattle and Prague in just 10 hours and 10 minutes. It is the longest documented flyover of any Boeing 737-700NG in the commercial configuration.

The longest distance record flown by Boeing 737 type so far is 8 116 km on the route Seattle-Berlin in 1998. SkyEurope not only broke the current world distance record, but also have flown its new Boeing home in the most economic way. „This record flyover required a lot of fuel planning and managing. During first four hours we faced a strong headwind and there was a lot of thinking and decision making just during the flight. Originally we wanted to make a fuel stop in Edinburgh, but due to a positive tailwind we could manage to fly directly to Prague,“ said Peter Pelec, Flight Operations Manager of SkyEurope.

SkyEurope will obtain 10 brand new Boeings 737-700 Next Generation in total this year and gradually introduce them into service in its bases of Bratislava, Budapest, Krakow, Prague and Vienna. As of the upcoming autumn SkyEurope Airlines will become the airline with the youngest and most modern fleet in Central and Eastern Europe. The new 737s are equipped with 149 highly elegant leather seats and a special Iacobucci espresso machine. SkyEurope is the only European airline offering freshly brewed real Italian coffee specialities on board. Thanks to the unique technical construction of blended winglets and engines Boeing 737-700NG represents one of the most economic and efficient models of its category.

http://www2.skyeurope.com/pl/Default.as ... ewsID=1267

Now you can get cappucino made to order on a Slovakian LCC flying brand new American-made planes! Isn't globalization wonderful?

Sure, Italian espresso and Iacobucci machines are great to have on a flight in Eastern Europe. I say we can do better: Air Starbucks.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

Uplander- Air Starbucks does exist, but you and I can't fly it:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0911814/M/

Wouldn't you rather have Second Cup Air?

Actually, does anyone know about these Iacobucci machines, or if any other airline has them? The Wall St. Journal had an article some years ago about someone in Italy who was developing an espresso machine for airplanes, I am wondering if this is it. Really strong coffee and flying are two of my favorite things, and airline coffee often tastes like dishwater lately, so I'd like to see more of these machines in the air!

I refuse to drink coffee on an airliner or water un bottled for that matter. I have seen what the potable water tanks look like first hand inside and out. I hope you like the idea of fungus cities in your stomach.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Ok guys, I couldn't help but look this up being half Italian and having been raised on espresso. I present to you the Iacobucci Hi-Fly flying espresso maker.

http://www.iacobuccigroup.com/Site/hi_f ... nterna.htm

Some US airline ought to install these suckers but I am not holding my breath. It would be a nice amenity in premium cabin and could be an incremental revenue generator in economy if they can price it reasonably (i.e. certainly no more than Starbucks prices).