Thread: Will we see Austrian T7's at JFK?

Will we see Austrian T7's at JFK?

Just recently Austrian Airlines took delivery of its fourth Boeing 777-200ER and its first directly from Boeing. Following up on an old press release from the day the four T7's were ordered, I think that a chance exist of seeing Austrian's "new" birds at JFK. Here's the word from Boeing:

Austrian Airlines already operates three 777s on routes to Melbourne via Singapore and Sydney via Kuala Lumpur. Its fourth 777 will be used primarily for flights to the U.S. and Asia.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/news/2 ... 1006g.html

If the T7 would enter VIE-JFK-VIE service, the tears of missing the A332 would be wiped away. :(

Hmm...I wonder too. I really, really miss the A330. The 767 sucks, it's so boring. I've heard IAD will be getting the 777, but I'm not sure if we will up here. I'd say it's a good possibility though during the upcoming summer season. Anyone else have some insight? I too am really curious about this...it'd be awesome!

- J
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

When I first saw the thread I thought you were asking if we would see Austrian at Terminal 7. :lol:

To answer your question it will be doubtful that we get the 777-200 scheduled into JFK. Your best bet is to head down to IAD if you want to see the 777-200 since it will be scheduled on the route.

It looks like the 767-300 will be kept on the JFK route and apparently there is some talk of a second daily 767-300 flight.

But lets keep our fingers crossed that the 777-200 makes some visits like the A340-300 has in the past.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i could have sworn they've flown the 777 into JFK. hmm...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    i could have sworn they've flown the 777 into JFK. hmm...
    I wish! Since the A330-200 was pulled from the route it has been mostly 767-300s with a few A330-200 flights thrown into the mix.