Thread: Something for the King Air fans here...

Something for the King Air fans here...

A few days ago these guys apparently fell unconscious from loss of pressurization (windscreen cracked), aircraft dropped 20,000 feet, but they recovered and landed safely (with quite a bit of damage - check out the horizontal tail). Not your everyday emergency landing story...

http://www.kfvs.com/global/video/popup/ ... d=45127376

Whoooooooo doggy!!! Thats a kingair for you! Great airplane! Kudos to the gentlemen who were able to get her down
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Wow! Great pilots on board!
    nwa FOREVER!

I know at least one person that posted here has flown a King Air. In your experience, having seen the video, how difficult would you say it was for these guys to have recovered in this situation? Looks incredible to me (and, apparently, the airport manager in the video), but I'm not a pilot!

I would say that it was not easy but surely not impossible. There was most certainly alot of guess on power settings to achive what they did. A little beta a little full power and alot of hoping and preying
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I second that, I used to fly a Kingair 350, what a great airplane. We had a windshield shatter in flight one time on the Captains side. I still miss it sometimes, but we have a new Gulfstream G450 coming later this year, so not too much. ;)

Which Airport was this at?

KFVS12 is my local newschannel here HAHA

IM IN THE NEWS!! :-D

I kid. But that is funny i instantly recvongized the link lol

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Ryan & Lear - thanks for the observations on this, the King Air is one tough bird and that's probably why it's just about the only one of its type still in production. My dad's employer had one that I flew on when I was a kid - over 30 years ago! It might still even be in service somewhere...

Alex-This was Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, KCGI. If you watch the full vid the airport manager basically says it's the wildest thing he's seen in years of working there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Ryan & Lear - thanks for the observations on this, the King Air is one tough bird and that's probably why it's just about the only one of its type still in production. My dad's employer had one that I flew on when I was a kid - over 30 years ago! It might still even be in service somewhere...

Alex-This was Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, KCGI. If you watch the full vid the airport manager basically says it's the wildest thing he's seen in years of working there.
    Holy ****! Seriously?!

CGI is only 45 min from me! Damn it!

Very Cool though

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

That's an incredible story! Those pilots are great to get that down safely!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/