Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New book talk about Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    I understand you weren't taking sides Mel, (I take it that comment was directed towards me), I was just sort of releasing my thoughts about Global Warming, which might have come out that I was attacking you.

Truth is I am kind of annoyed because my teacher called me out today in class to explain what I thought about global warming (he knew what I thought, he just wanted to put me on the spot)

After I explained it to the class, he ridiculed me in front of them because I didn't believe that the reason the earth is warming is because of human activity in the last 150 years.
    I hope you went back after him! In HS its hard but when I was an undergrad my Prof's and I would get into full blow arguments for the entire class over social issues, god it was great!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Well regardless of the scientific data that's out there, let's not forget, there are lies, there are damned lies and there are statistics.

I don't believe every word of what I saw in the film nor do I believe every study that comes out. But I take in the data and extrapolate whats relevant for me.

In the final analysis, our grandkids will be dead and still discussing this.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    I understand you weren't taking sides Mel, (I take it that comment was directed towards me), I was just sort of releasing my thoughts about Global Warming, which might have come out that I was attacking you.

Truth is I am kind of annoyed because my teacher called me out today in class to explain what I thought about global warming (he knew what I thought, he just wanted to put me on the spot)

After I explained it to the class, he ridiculed me in front of them because I didn't believe that the reason the earth is warming is because of human activity in the last 150 years.
    I hope you went back after him! In HS its hard but when I was an undergrad my Prof's and I would get into full blow arguments for the entire class over social issues, god it was great!

I tried, but he just sort of kept interrupting me.

Same guy who last week insisted that Bush was trying to take over the world....

Get this, it is all in Europe Studies class, yet hes talking about global warming and how Bush is trying to take over the world... :roll:
    nwa FOREVER!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    And a nice illustration of why you can't have a discussion about it without it having some reference to politics.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187