Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

Lufthansa will be chartering an A380 from Airbus to fly test routes to the US in Mid-March.

Airports that can expect a visit are ORD, IAD, and JFK.

Dates are tentative and are apparently still being discussed but March 19th or the 20th seem to be the dates for JFK.

The thread will be kept updated on the latest info.

Ooh...I hope it's true.

Did some Googling and got: http://www.ans.dhmi.gov.tr/TR/ATCTR/dok ... c%2004.pdf

Check the last page. It says, "Spring 07-A380 at JFK"

Not sure if it's accurate or not since it looks like the pdf was made in December '04.

How would this test flights work (if it is true)? Will it be a regular flight, or a special one with invited pax? I can't imagine SQ would be happy to have some other airline be the "first in flight". :?

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Quote Originally Posted by Winglets747
    How would this test flights work (if it is true)? Will it be a regular flight, or a special one with invited pax? I can't imagine SQ would be happy to have some other airline be the "first in flight". :?

-Will
    I believe it would be a test flight for the Lufthansa crew using one of the production A380 models. I'm sure Singapore would not mind because Lufthansa and China Southern have already run similar flights. The test flights around France with passengers had Lufthansa crew onboard and when the A380 recently visited China, China Southern crew ran the flight.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    probably just a test flight for LH ground personnel to see the airplane, check gates and equipment as well as the field to see if they can accomodate the airplane.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

if you look over at t1.. there already is a double decker gate being built for the 380.. so with my guess... its gonna be the lufty!!... which will be nice.. b/c i miss the 74

Well it will be cool to see her but don't expect to see this bird more then twice a day at JFK after she's flying. In the begining we'll prob see her from Luft, Air France, Virgin, and Emirates but look to see these airlines switch back to 747s perhaps the new 747-8, 787s, and A340s. The 380 is simply not economically viable for large scale JFK ops. Asia will be the place to see these birds.

I will be waiting there with my camera newly in debt to buy a big spankin telephoto lense for that event. If it happens.......................
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I will be waiting there with my camera newly in debt to buy a big spankin telephoto lense for that event. If it happens.......................
    With the size of the 380, I think you might want to invest in a wide angle lens :D

I'm not an Airbus fan, but I'll be out there with the rest of you when she comes in.

March 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    March 19th.
    Where did you find a confirmation about this date?

Quote Originally Posted by jakbar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    March 19th.
    Another thread on Airliners

[quote=Iberia A340-600]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iberia A340-600":948b2
    March 19th.
    Another thread on Airliners[/quote:948b2]

Don't take A.net rumors as a confirmation, lots of those posts are pure rumor. I bet someone working on the A380 heard from the dude who puts in the A380's toliets who knows the guy who chases the birds away on the runway who heard from a guy in the next bathroom stall over his girlfriend said that her friend who works the customer service counter at CDG that his firend heard the A380 is a flying whale and that March 19th she's going to New York.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    As Tom said, I would also not trust that rumor.

In fact, if I were you, I would not change those Carribean Tickets just yet.

I have a gut feeling its on a different date. Not a rumor, just a feeling.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

[quote=T-Bird76][quote="Iberia A340-600":bda1f]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iberia A340-600":bda1f
    March 19th.
    Another thread on Airliners[/quote:bda1f]

Don't take A.net rumors as a confirmation, lots of those posts are pure rumor. I bet someone working on the A380 heard from the dude who puts in the A380's toliets who knows the guy who chases the birds away on the runway who heard from a guy in the next bathroom stall over his girlfriend said that her friend who works the customer service counter at CDG that his firend heard the A380 is a flying whale and that March 19th she's going to New York.[/quote:bda1f]

I think it was actually the guy who installed the tail-camera.

I also don't trust it 100% as I know Airbus can change things around a lot and also that we have not heard directly from Airbus or Lufthansa that the A380 will be at JFK on the 19th.