Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Does anyone have any information on what time the A380 will depart JFK on the 20th?

Senga
    I sent an email today to public affairs at LH asking the same question. I've not had a response yet, but will post here when/if I do!

So is the deffinate date, March 19th?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Does anyone have any information on what time the A380 will depart JFK on the 20th?

Senga
    Senga,

As of now, it'll be departing JFK for ORD on Monday the 19th around 10pm. Granted, that's what I was told before the press release was issued and Chicago was still on the books, so take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    So is the deffinate date, March 19th?
    Yes, Monday, March 19th. Will arrive "around noon".

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Does anyone know if IAD is confirmed for the 25th/26th?

Brian,
    So I gueess JFK will have the A380 for 1 day then. I thoight it was the 20th...

Gordon,
    The last thing o heard abot times into IAD was that the Balt-Wash group says that they will have a night time arrival and a night time departure into IAD. They don't know if they will get some test flighs yet during the day.

Senga

I was hoping there'd be some kind of media event that I could wrangle my way into...the release talks only about Airbus and LH employees onboard, but I'll keep an eye out anyway.

Does anyone know if 007 is the same copy that did the media event at London?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Monday, I thought it was a Sunday? Great no I won't be able to make it because of school.....*sigh*
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Gordon,
    The last thing o heard abot times into IAD was that the Balt-Wash group says that they will have a night time arrival and a night time departure into IAD. They don't know if they will get some test flighs yet during the day.

Senga
    Thanks for the info Senga. As long is she is there during daylight I think it would still be worth it to go down an see her.

And Nikon50,

Never let education get in the way of a major milestone like this. ;)

For the last British Airways Concorde departure from JFK I skipped school and it was well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    Monday, I thought it was a Sunday? Great no I won't be able to make it because of school.....*sigh*
    School will still be there waiting for you the next day.....

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Gordon, At IAD
    It probably won't be shootable at IAD once it gets on the ground unless you have "access". However if it does go to the DLH gate you can get it from the Garage.
    Senga

We all have to make "sacrifices" right? I assume that also means when theres somehting we want :)

Senga

I'm flying to New York (and missing work) for the 3/19 arrival. Looking forward to it!

Josh

I am now a member on the list of media who will be notified when a final date(s) time(s) of arrival/departure have been scheduled. There most certainly will be a media event, and I found it very interesting that I was told today by the press contact of Airbus North America that I can expect a media event to take place at JFK on March 21. Dates keep changing, it's drivin' me nuts! :x

Now, that's not to say that the A380 wont arrive/depart on the 19th or 20th...it's just now we can assume that it is probable there will be a media event at JFK on the 21st. Again, who knows....everything is so tentative!!

I will let everyone know as soon as I hear something from this person. It seems like it might pay to be a member of the media :P

- Josh
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Whats going on here?
    SO WHAT DAY IS THE PLANE SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE AT JFK NOW?

This is making me nervous

Senga